07. Captives

In the bunker kitchen, water was slowly dripping out of the faucet. The lights suddenly flickered. The overhead light in the dungeon was also flickering. A shot of the long hallway revealed a faint flickering apparition. The map table in the main room flickered. A ghostly sound sounded. Dean was lying on his bed, eyes closed, with headphones on. The music playing in the headphones suddenly turned to static. Dean's eyes flew open.

"Sam!" Dean shouted.

Sam bolted out of his bedroom.

"Dean?" Sam called.

He rushed to Dean's bedroom but saw that it was empty. The lights in the whole bunker continued to flicker.

"Dean?" Sam repeated.

Sam rushed to the main room and saw one of the chairs spinning on its own. He grabbed a iron sword from the wall and the apparition slowly walked behind him. Before Sam and Saoirse could swing around, the apparition is blown to bits. Sam whipped around and Dean stood there with a smoking shotgun.

"So..." Sam began.

"Yep. Bunker's haunted," Dean confirmed.

Sam was packing rock salt rounds at the kitchen table. Dean entered.

"How is this possible?" Dean asked. "I thought you said this was the safest place on the planet."

"Look, I know nothing got in. I mean, the bunker is warded and sigiled from top to bottom. There's no way something came in from the outside."

"Okay, so whoever's haunting us died here."

"What, dead man of letters?"

"No, that doesn't track. I mean, we're the first people to occupy this place in 50 years. Why would a ghost wait so long to get its spook on?"

"Must have been a more recent death."

"No."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I burned his body myself, okay? It's not him."

"Okay, so you cremated him. We cremated Bobby, too, and he came back."

"Sam, I'm telling you -- this ghost, it's not Kevin."

Suddenly, the coffeemaker next to Dean started going crazy with lights flashing on and off and the digital clock speeding through different numbers. Dean and Sam stared at it.

Sam spoke to the coffeemaker. "Kevin?"

A coffee mug next to the machine exploded.

"Ooh."

OUTDOOR FUNERAL

The priest was talking. "We commit her body to the ground, earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, with a clear and certain hope of resurrection into the eternal life, according to the mighty working, whereby he is able to subdue all things unto himself. In ne patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti." A man walked away as the priest continued. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me, Lord."

The man was suddenly grabbed and shoved into a tree by Castiel.

"What are you doing here?" Castiel asked.

"Please, she was my friend!" the man replied.

"Who? The dead human or the angel who was killed while possessing her?"

"The angel. Rebecca?"

"Rebecca had a lot of friends. Friends like Metatron. Where is he?!"

"You're looking in the wrong place. Rebecca and Metatron were friends. That was a long time ago. Had no contact since the fall. Naomi, Metatron, heavenly battles, politics -- she gave it up. All of it. Rebecca taught us the angels have lost touch with our true mission."