25. Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire

Start from the beginning

Castiel was crouched inside, remembering her altercation with Crowley. She flashed back to the building where Rowena left them.

Crowley, as Castiel approached, said, "Don't! Please!" He blocked Castiel's blow. "You think you can kill me? You execrable-" Castiel knocked Crowley onto the ground and stabbed him with an angel blade.

EXT. SHACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS

A hunter and two kids examined a dead dog on the property where Castiel was hiding. They split up to search the buildings. Castiel again remembered killing Crowley.

Crowley smoked out of his meatsuit and escaping.

"No. He's still alive," Castiel said as the door opened and the youngest of the three stepped in, holding a shotgun on Castiel. "Don't make me hurt you. Do you hear me? I can't help myself. You have to run." Castiel escaped.

EXT. OUTSIDE

The Winchesters got the Impala out of the pothole and drove down the road and came across a gruesome scene.

"What the hell happened here?" Dean questioned.

Sam heard a sound from behind them. "Hello?"

Dean noticed the approaching creepy guy. "Oh, that's not a happy sight. Hey, easy, buddy. Just stay cool til we figure out what's going on here, okay?" The creepy guy approached. "Kind of narrowing my options here."

"We don't even know what he is."

A deputy, Jenna, shot the creepy guy from behind and pointed her weapon at Sam and Dean. "Weapons on the ground," Jenna demanded. "Slow."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy officer," Dean said calmly. "We're FBI, okay? We got badges."

Jenna pumped her shotgun. "Don't. Show me some skin."

"Huh?"

"What?" Sam asked.

"All of you," Jenna told them.

Dean cracked a smile. "Is this, like, a 'Magic Mike' moment?"

Sam realized what Jenna was going on about. "Oh, you think we're -- we're... Look, we don't even know what these are."

"I need to know you're not one of them," Jenna said.

"One of what?" Dean asked.

"Let's go!"

"Okay, all right, look. Huh? See?"

"Good. Let's see those IDs."

"Yeah, whoa. All right, take -- take it easy, okay?" Dean gestured to the deputy's wound. "Bad guys?"

"Rebar. I sought cover. I fell."

"Okay. Why don't you tell us what happened here?"

"9-1-1 reported a family on distress. I arrived to find several hostiles attacking said family. Oh, God, it was horrible."

"How long have you been on the job, deputy?"

"Uh... Okay, three weeks."

Dean said in a calm voice, "Okay, ah. I'm Dean. This is Sam. Just breathe. Okay? Speak plain. What happened?"

"They killed them all," Jenna replied.

"Who?" Sam wondered.

"Road crew. It was -- they were like rabid dogs. I fired off a warning, but they didn't stop. They..."

"You killed all these?" Dean interrupted.

"I knew some of the boys, but they didn't look -- something was wrong. They were..."