In a corner of the bustling hall, Yuta, Jun, and Asuka, the chosen representatives from the Duel Academy's first year, gather under the guidance of Professor Ayukawa. The trio approaches the reception area, a sleek counter manned by efficient clerks.

Professor Ayukawa hands each student a registration form. As they fill in their details, the clerk hands them ID cards, the key to tracking their progress in the tournament. The clerk, with practiced efficiency, explains the crucial process of ensuring each duel is recorded by an official judge. Without their validation, victories and defeats won't reflect on their cards.

_ Now, kids, remember, every duel counts. Seek out a referee before each match.

Professor Ayukawa advises, her tone a mix of encouragement and caution. She looks towards Yuta, Jun, and Asuka with a glint of expectation in her eyes.

_ Stay calm and have fun! <3

Excitement bubbling within him, Yuta raises his ID card, ready for the dueling extravaganza. 

_ So? Let's duel?

Jun smirks before walking away.

_ Sorry, loser. If I'm dueling you, it'll be in the next phase.

Asuka echoes Jun's sentiment, gracefully distancing herself.

_ I feel the same way, Yuta.

Left with just one companion, Yuta turns to the one and only Marufuji Ryo. The Kaiser, a seasoned duelist with a reputation that precedes him, meets Yuta's gaze with a sly smile. However, it's Yuta who decides to take a step back, wisely avoiding a confrontation with the formidable duelist.

_ I-I'll be moving on as well...

As the students disperse into the dueling arena, the Luxoria Grand Hotel hall transforms into a battleground of strategy, skill, and ambition. Yuta walks through the vast hall, paying attention to the surroundings where many competitors are engaged in duels. He passes through a table where a boy sits on alone, shuffling his deck. He smiles as their eyes meet.

_ Hey, buddy, let's duel?

Yuta nods before taking his seat. A short after, a referee approaches. He takes both their ID cards and scans them using an intriguing, small, machine. He hands back the cards and stands right next to the table, imposingly observing every move the boys make.

_ You can start your match.

...

The first day at Luxoria Grand Hotel draws to a close, and the competitors spill out of the main hall, buzzing with animated discussions about their duels. The grandeur of the luxurious hotel is a backdrop to their excited chatter, creating an atmosphere charged with anticipation.

Yuta, content with his performance, walks alongside his fellow competitors. He reviews his impressive record - 26 wins and only 9 losses. If he maintains this level of performance, securing a spot among the top 128 seems within reach.

As the Duel Academy students gather for a snack in the hotel's expansive cafeteria, the air is filled with camaraderie and friendly banter. The cafeteria itself is a testament to opulence, with crystal chandeliers casting a warm glow over marble tables and plush chairs.

Professor Ayukawa observes her students with a satisfied smile. The classmates exchange results, detailing their victories and defeats. Jun boasts of his 28 victories, goading Yuta with playful provocations.

To the surprise of many, Asuka emerges as the day's star performer among the Duel Academy freshmen. Shy amidst the commotion, she shares her outstanding record - 30 victories and a mere 4 defeats. Yuta, torn between pride for his girlfriend and the tinge of rivalry, congratulates her with a mixture of happiness and competitive spirit.