God's Plan

Sunday arrives. That first week passed in the blink of an eye, but now it's not time to study - it's time to celebrate. The Homecoming Festival is a tradition at Duel Academy. All students gather on the campus to a night filled with music, food and special events prepared by the second and third year students.

It's a beautiful spring night in Tokyo. The sky is clear and the weather is pleasing to all the students enjoy the festival. Yuta and Sho pass through the many stalls set by their veterans. Like the other students, they wear casual outfits. Sho wears a red plaid shirt over a black t-shirt, jeans shorts and white sneakers. Yuta wears a loose white T-shirt, tight black jeans ripped on the thighs and red sneakers - beneath his T-shirt, the boy wears his pendant that hangs his secret card.

After tasting some specially spicy snacks, the two friends really need a drink. That's when they spot Judai's stall, where their roommate is working with Rei. The stall is decorated with red lights, hearts, flowers and other romantic accessories. Although Yuta knows they are probably not getting something to drink there, he still approaches to greet his veterans.

_ Yuta! Sho! Nice to see you!

_ My lil' kouhais! Ya know, I was startin' to think you weren't comin' here to see me!

Yuta is surprised to actually get drinks there. Rei grabs two cans of cold soda for him and Sho. As they are drinking, Yuta checks the stall, curious.

_ What's with this stall?

_ Ask Judai...

Rei sighs. She is wearing a "Injection Fairy Lilly" cosplay.

_ This, Yuta, is my haven! WELCOME TO THE LOVE SHACK! Just bring that special lady you been checkin' lately! Rei-chan and I are gonna guarantee ya have the special night. By the way...

Judai, who's dressed like "Elemental Hero Wildheart", points to a direction behind Yuta and Sho. There, they see Asuka with her two friends, Momo and Junko. They are getting some candies at another stall, just in front of Judai's.

_ Ya know, Yuta... I heard you and that chick have kinda the chemistry, don't ya? Why don't you bring'er here, huh?

Yuta thinks about it. This festival is, indeed, a great opportunity for approaching Asuka - though he doesn't think Judai's Love Shack is a good idea. Asuka would rather be intimidaded or embarrassed there. Actually, thinking more about it, she would definetely laugh at Yuta's face.

Right when he's looking at Asuka and the other girls, one of them turns to their direction. Momo sees that Yuta and Sho have been staring all along, instantly blushing and looking away. That's when something lights up inside the Yuta's head.

_ Judai, why are you dressed as Wildheart? Saotome-san's cosplay makes total sense with your Love Shack's concept, but yours...

_ YES, SHO! EXACTLY! I TOLD HIM A MILLION TIMES! A MILLION!

_ Sho, here, let's go! Thanks Judai, Rei! See you later.

Yuta pulls the small Sho away by the arm, leaving Judai and Rei arguing in the Love Shack. The two boys go to a less crowded corner, from where they can still spot Asuka, Momo and Junko. Sho looks very confused with Yuta's sudden attitude.

_ My god, Yuta-kun! What's wrong?

_ I have an idea.

_ Idea?

_ Yes. I want to approach Asuka to... You know. But it will be hard with her friends around. I need to get her alone. That's where you enter.

_ M-me?

_ Look!

Yuta turns Sho's head towards the girls' direction. Asuka and Junko are talking to each other while eating their snacks. Momo, on the other hand, seems to be looking for someone among the crowd.