Is that really a way to cope?

"Stop smoking, you're an athlete"

"Flau'jae a athlete and she smoke, but you ain't bossing her around" I chuckled a little and just waved him off

Is it something I don't know about?

We finally made it just to see a bunch of cars parked everywhere. One thing this family will do is throw a family event.

How y'all having get together's and can't even get together in a civilized manner? Oh.

"Go back out there and tell Julian to come in" my mom demanded before I sighed

"I'm out of breath from getting out the car and walking in here. He might be gone cause he said was leaving"

"Hold on" she walked off before I made my way down the hall to where I heard talking

"Hey" I spoke as everybody just looked at me before I got a 'hey' back

"You pregnant?" my cousin asked while coming towards me with a shocking look

"Surprise" I said nervously before everybody facial expressions changed

"You lying" my aunt said while smiling causing me to laugh, "Angel you lying?"

"No, I'm two months"

They started asking questions and I answered a select few. Some of the questions were personal, so of course I wasn't answering.

I'm actually surprised at their reaction.

"Angel why you ain't tell us lil Angel was having a baby?" one of my uncles asked my mom before she shrugged

"That ain't nobody business but hers and her wife's" my mom answered causing me to laugh

She didn't lie though.

"We the fam" he said while holding his hand up

"It's her business"

"But you knew"

"Oh" she said before I started cracking up

This is why my mom is my forever bestie, she always on my timing when it comes to them.

Time passed by before more people starting coming. Eventually, I started getting hungry again before I ate again.

The amount of times I eat in a day is sick.

"My social battery is dead" I told my mom as she gave me a soft look, "I'm tired too"

"Okay, we'll just let me know when you're leaving"

"I'm leaving now that's why I'm telling you. Flau'jae is outside waiting on me"

"I thought she was gone for work" she asked with in a confused tone

"She got back earlier this morning and was just sleep the whole time"

"Well alright baby, I love you" she said as we shared a hug, "Y'all drive back safe"

I said my goodbyes to everyone and made my way out the house. On my way out, I ran into aunt Nita and one of my cousins.

They just stared and didn't speak, so I kept it pushing. I know they have something to say, they always do.

"Why you looking like that?" Flau'jae asked as I closed the car door

"Because they just staring at me, I know they got something negative to say"

"Everybody gone have something to say about everybody. It is what is, stop being like that" she held a serious look on her face

"I know but they just — I don't know"

"I'm finna go in there" she said before turning off the car and opening the door

"No, it's okay"

If she go in there shit is gonna escalate.

"Come on"

"Bae I'm tired, I don't feel like doing nothing. I told you that shit on the phone" I said before she shrugged, "Get in the car"

"Angel get out the car"

"No, Flau'jae you get in the car" I demanded before she sighed getting back in, "I said it's okay, baby"

"Alright, well stop acting like they bothering you. I don't care about them being your family, I don't want nobody fucking with you"

"I know, and you're forever appreciated. I love you" I said before pulling her into a kiss, "Now let's go"

We left making it home and I immediately got in the bed. The lack of energy everyday is becoming a problem.

I feel like a lazy no moral having ass female.