Chapter 20 - Going Away

[Word count - 655]

A few months later...

Location - Maruyama/(L/N) Residence, Dining Room

Your POV

It has been a few months since I got married to my favorite idol from Pastel*Palettes. In case anyone was understanding if one of us took the other's last name, we didn't. We did thought about it at first, but we decided to keep our last names, and that worked out great for the both of us.

Now that the wedding is behind us, we decided to take it easy for a while. I was hoping things would stay like this for a while, but it didn't... 

It all started one morning in the dining room. Aya and I are eating breakfast, and as we were talking about what we plan on doing for the day, Aya receives a text message on her phone. 

"No way..." She said while looking at her phone. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"It's the talent agency staff-san." She answered, and I see her smiling from ear to ear. Something good must've happened if she is this happy a text message. 

"Oh, what did they say?" I asked. 

"They told us that Pastel*Palettes will be doing a live show in a different town next month!" Aya said as I can see her excitement going through the roof. 

"Next month? Is that good?" I asked again.

"It is! In fact, it's the best thing that has happened to Pastel*Palettes in a while!"

Well, it is nice to see that Aya is excited to be on stage again, but... this would mean that we would have to be away from each other for a while, and... will I be able to handle it.

"So, you plan on going then?" I asked while trying not to sound sad.

"Yeah, I should. You know that we're getting paid to do these shows now, so I have to do it." She said.

"That's true, but still..."

"You're going to miss me, are you?" She asked.

"Yeah, you know it."

Aya got up and wrapped her arms around me, giving me a hug from behind.

"I know it's not easy for us to be apart from each other, but in order for us to have a roof over our heads, I have to do this." She said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I said with a small sigh.
_____________________________________________

A month later...

Today is the day that Aya and her band members leave town to take part in a live performance. I am still going to miss her, but she's right, she has to do her part so we can have a roof over our heads, and I have to do the same with my full time job.

She and I are hanging out by the front door of house, waiting for the van to pull up.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay without me?" Aya asked.

"Yeah, I guess so." I replied. "I do have my job at the cafe to keep me busy."

"That's true, but if you ever need to talk to me, just call me, okay?"

"Yeah, I'll keep that in mind."

Soon the van arrived, and Aya began to put her luggage in the back. Inside the van was the other members of Pastel*Palettes. They waved at me and I waved back at them.

"I'll see you next week, my love." Aya said as she walks over to plant a kiss on my cheek.

"Yeah... take care, okay?"

"Okay, I will."

Aya got in the van with her band members, and soon enough, they were on the road again. I just hope that they have a good time.

To be continued

A/N: Coming up next is the epilogue, so be sure to look forward to it.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)