Chapter 16 - Living Together

[Word count - 678]

A few weeks later...

Location - Maruyama/(L/N) Residence, Living Room

Your POV

A few weeks have gone by since Aya and I graduated from high school, and we began our new lives at University. Aya attended at Yotsuba Women's University to study literature, and I study at Nihon University for science, just like my father. I'd be lying if I said we got used to the college life, but we didn't. But at the same time, we just started, and we'll get used to it at some point.

I also took up a part-time job to cover the half of the rent. While Aya still has her part-time job at the local fastfood restaurant, I work at a cafe. Not just any cafe, it's the same cafe Aya and I went to on our first date. Needless to say, she was happy when she found out about this.

Today was just a normal day at our house. There was no school or part-time jobs for us to attend to. However, Aya is still the vocalist of Pastel*Palettes, and whenever she can, she would go to the talent agency for band rehearsals. So I am just home alone for the time being.

While reading one of my textbooks on the couch, Aya came home from band rehearsals. She was very happy to see me.

"Hey, handsome! I'm home!" She said as she removed her shoes and walked towards me.

"Hey, beautiful. How was rehearsals?" I asked as I looked up at her.

"They're exhausting as usually, but still fun nonetheless." She replied as she leaned in to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm glad you had a good time, then."

"I'm gonna go upstairs and take a bath." She said. "I need it after all of the moving around I did."

"That's fine. I'll make hamburger steak for dinner." I said.

Aya got excited the moment I said that.

"Yay! Thank you so much my dear!"

She gave me another kiss before going upstairs to use the bath.
_____________________________________________

Location - Dining Room

Aya and I are now eating our hamburger steaks in the dining room, and as we ate our food, we had a nice conversation going. She was telling me that Pastel*Palettes was going to be out of town before the year ends to take part in a live performance, and I told her about the friends I made at my university.

However, this didn't last long, as Aya brought up something I wasn't prepared to hear.

"Hey, (Y/N)-kun. Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Do you really want to marry me?"

"Yeah, of course."

"I see. That's good."

"I know we don't have the money for a proper wedding at the moment, but I do want to make it work."

Aya grinned at me.

"That maybe true, but I'll wait for as long as we to."

"Really?"

Aya nodded.

"Yep. I waited a long time to date you, didn't I?"

"Yeah, and to you, it was worth the wait, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, it was."
_____________________________________________

Evening...

Location - Bedroom

After dinner, Aya and I were getting ready to go to bed. However, she was tired, but I was, and I can tell Aya wants me to do something for her before I sleep.

"Hey dear, I know it's late, but do you think you can do something for me?" She asked.

"Depends. What's up?"

"Do you think you can sing for me again?"

"Again?"

"Yeah, just like how you won my heart on the day we started dating."

"Well, okay then."

"Yay! Do you think you can do the same song again?"

"Ask and you shall receive."

I began to sing the song again, and I can tell that Aya seem to love my voice very much.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one.

Next book to update: BanG Dream One-Shots Book 2