Chapter 8 - A Special Birthday Outing

A few months after the beach trip...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N) Room

Your POV

A lot of time has gone by since I went to the beach with Pastel*Palettes. I made a lot of good memories, and what made it more special is that I got a chance to see what Aya looked like in a swimsuit. Seeing her in that swimsuit and having fun in the water made my heart skip a beat. And being around her in general was making me feel nervous. Could it be that I was falling in love with her? Nah, I doubt it.

But at any case, there's no use in thinking about that now. We jump to December, where a certain someone's birthday is today. We agreed that we were going to do something special together, and I almost forgot about it until I got a reminder from Chisato first thing in the morning. She sent me a text and I looked at it.

Chisato's text: Remember, our plan is for you to hangout with Aya-chan, and keep her away from the talent agency as much as you can.

Your text: I got it.

As I got out of bed to get ready, I need to think about where I should take Aya. There are so many places we can go to, I don't even know where to start. While stressing about this, I began to realize what time it is.

"Oh no! I better get moving!"

I quickly got took a shower and got dressed, then right when I got to the door, I nearly tripped, and that caught my father's attention.

"Slow down, son." He said. "Why are you in such a hurry?"

"Sorry dad, I gotta go!" I quickly replied before running out of the house.
_____________________________________________

Ten minutes later...

Location - Maruyama Residence

I finally made it to Aya's house, although I did had to run from my house to get there, and I had the catch my breath every now and then. Once I caught my breath, I knocked on the door and it opened. It was Aya's father who answered it. After what happened, he no longer has a grudge against me. But I felt like it might take some time before he can fully trust me.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. (Y/N)-kun himself." He said.

"Good morning, sir..." I said, still feeling wiped out.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah... I had to run all the way from my house to get here." I told him.

"I see. Would you like to come inside for a moment?" He asked.

"I think I'll be okay."

"If you say so." He shrugged. "So what brings you here? Is it my daughter?"

"Yeah." I answered, and told him what we had planned for her birthday.

"I see. Hopefully she'll have fun today." He said. "She was looking forward to this all year."

"Yeah, me too."

Then he said he'll go inside and get Aya for me. I waited outside for her. And after a while, Aya showed up and she was wearing a beautiful outfit. My heart started skipping a beat.

"Hi there, (Y/N)-kun." She said and smiled at me.

"H-Hi there, Aya." I nervously said as I tried to pull myself together.

"Is everything okay?" She asked as she tilted her head sideways a bit.

"Y-Yeah, it's just..."

"Just what?"

"You look quite beautiful in that outfit of yours." I said and smiled at her.

"Really? Aww, thank you." Aya said as her cheeks turned red.

"No problem. Shall we get going?" I asked.

Aya nodded and the two of us were on our way. As we were walking, my hand began to feel something. I looked down to see what it was, and to my surprise, it was Aya's hand. She was holding my hand.

I looked up to make eye contact with Aya and she smiled at me.

"You don't mind if I hold your hand, do you?" She said cutely.

"N-No problem..." I replied, stuttering a little bit. Oh god, maybe I am in love with her.
_____________________________________________

Near the middle of the day...

Location - Shopping District

I decided to take Aya to the mall, as part of her birthday outing. We went to the store, and ate at the food court. But what I found cute was us going to the movie theater and Aya fell asleep on my shoulder.

Once the movie have ended, the two of us walked out of the mall. Aya was grinning from ear to ear as we got outside.

"I had such a good time!" She said.

"G-Good for you." I said.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Y-Yeah, just tired." I replied.

"Oh, do you want to go home?" She asked.

"I'll be fine. Besides, there's another place we need to go to."

Aya tilted her head in confusion.

"What do you mean? Where are we going?" She asked.

"You'll see."

I took her hand and we began to head to our next destination, aka the talent agency.
_____________________________________________

Ten minutes later...

Location - Talent Agency, Main Office

On the way to the talent agency, I had Aya cover her eyes so that she wouldn't ruin the surprise. She said it was hard for her to walk around with her eyes closed, but since I was holding her hand, we got there no problem.

As we walked into the office, I said...

"Okay, Aya, you can open your eyes now." I said.

She did, and gasped at what she was looking at.

"Are we... at the talent agency?" She asked.

"That's right, and there is more to come."

The others popped out of their hiding spots.

"Surprise! Happy birthday!" They said. 

"Everyone?! What's going on"

"We threw you a surprise party." Hina said.

"We did want you to find out about it." Chisato said.

"So we asked (Y/N)-san to distract you while we set this up." Maya said.

Aya looked at me, speechless.

"Is that true, (Y/N)-kun?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's all true." I confessed. "We wanted to make sure you got the best birthday ever, so we decided to set all of this up."

Aya was beginning to tear up.

"Awww, you guys are the best." She said.

"Come on, Aya-san, let's sing you happy birthday!" Eve said.

"Okay."

Aya took a seat in front of her cake. It wasn't a big cake since the idols have to watch their figure, but Aya didn't care about that. She cared about all of us celebrating her birthday with her.

We sang happy birthday, then blew out the candles. We ate cake and Aya opened her birthday gift, which was a flower hair accessory. I can tell by the smile on her face that this was the best birthday Aya has ever had.

To be continued

A/N: Okay, so it might not be the 27th in some places, but it is here so yeah.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it, and I'll see you in the next one. :)