Nonviolent Communication

Y/n: Nice and easy, yeah? In and out?

Y/n and Miguel stand unmasked before a portal on the war room, Y/n looking trepidatious whilst Miguel very much looks like he wants to get it over with.

Miguel O'Hara: Whatever you say...

Miguel's mask forms over his face as Y/n pulls his mask over his head, jealous of Miguel's nanotechnology. The two dive headfirst into the portal and begin their descent to a new universe.

Miguel O'Hara: Try to keep up!

Miguel moves with grace through the tube as Y/n has to mimic swimming motions to increase his speed. The two arrive at their target universe, the colour palette exclusively monochromatic.

Y/n: I think I know who lives here...

It appears that Y/n and Miguel are the only two things in the universe to appear in colour- earning bewildered looks from passers by as they skulk the streets of 1930's New York.

Y/n: This place is trippy...

Miguel O'Hara: You get used to it.

Y/n: So you've been here before?

Miguel O'Hara: Once or twice. We get a lot of Green Goblins here.

Y/n: You reckon that's who we're going to run into this time?

Miguel O'Hara: Y/n, if I've learned one things from leading this strike force...

The two come across their target, the only other being shown in colour. They appear to be a traditional samurai, looking as if their colours were gifted by crayons. Literally looking like a drawing that had jumped off of a page.

Miguel O'Hara: Never have expectations.

The samurai notices them and their hand flies near-instantly to their bokko, grasping the hilt of the katana that rested in their crimson sheath.

Y/n: Hi! Uhh, do you speak English?

Samurai: 何を言っているのかわかりません。

Y/n: I'm gonna take that as a blanket no. Miguel, your fancy suit have a translator in it?

Miguel O'Hara: No.

Samurai: 狩られると警告されました。今すぐ出発してください。

Y/n: He doesn't sound friendly.

Miguel O'Hara: He's nothing we can't handle.

Miguel takes a step forward- prompting the samurai to clutch their hilt harder. Miguel notices and holds his hand sup as a non-threatening gesture.

Miguel O'Hara: We don't want to hurt you. We're just trying to get you back home. If you would just-

Miguel reaches his hand out, this serves as the last straw for the samurai who unleashes his blade. Though- instead of a sword following his hilt: a large pocket of sand bursts out of the sheath.

Y/n: Oh, for the love of God.

The sand rushes Y/n, lifting him into the air as Miguel is now left to deal with the samurai, said warrior attempts to escape the Spiders.

Miguel O'Hara: Happy day, Y/n! We got ourselves a Sandman!

Y/n: OH, YOU THINK?!

The sand dumps Y/n in a nearby lake and retreats to intercept Miguel. As Y/n resurfaces, he takes a deep breath and grimaces at the stench of the water.

Y/n: You've got some sentient sand coming your way!

Miguel chases the samurai through the streets, using his claws to rip his way across the walls exteriors of buildings.