Scared of The Dark

Y/n's taxi cab comes to a halt just a few streets away from his house. He steps out, still shaky from the position, and leans into the driver's window.

Y/n: How much do I owe you?

Driver: Mate, you're Spider-Man. On the house.

Y/n: Good... because I don't have any money.

Driver: Do you think I could get a picture, though? My nephew's a big fan.

Y/n obliges and takes a quick picture with the cab driver. Upon reaching his house, he enters through the front door, to tired to crawl up the wall.

Y/n: Anybody awake?

He sees the kitchen light is on, and her mother steps formally though it- as if afraid. He peers through and sees his father slumped over on the table, sitting with terrible posture on a chair.

M/n: There's someone here to see you, in the garage.

Y/n: Who?

M/n: I'm not sure. I think they might be one of those supervillains you're always fighting.

y/n: And you just let them in?

M/n: Of course not! They just... appeared... in there. Like they were dropped out of thin air. They seemed calm enough but they refused to leave until they saw you.

Y/n sighs and puts his mask back on and webs one of his father's golf clubs to him in case he found himself in need of a weapon. As he enters the garage: he sees a large figure standing dramatically with their back towards him.

Y/n: Uhh, hi. If you're a supervillain then you should know that I generally don't accept house calls. But, you didn't know and I'm nothing if not fair. I'm more than happy to kick your ass just this once.

???: I'm not a bad guy.

The figure turns, revealing themselves. They are tall with broad shoulders and no lack of muscle. The mask of the neon suit they wear seems to dissolve to reveal the gaunt and jaded face of the man behind it.

???: My name is Miguel O'Hara. I'm my universe's one and only Spider-Man.

Y/n sighs in frustration and throws the golf club down on the ground. Miguel raises his eyebrow, making no effort to stop the resident superhero.

Miguel O'Hara: Was it something I said?

Y/n: I'm sure you're a lovely guy and all, but I'm in no mood. I'm just generally trying to avoid all this multiverse stuff.

Miguel O'Hara: Oh, really?

His sarcasm isn't taken well on Y/n's behalf. The young Spider turns back around to berate the man who had infiltrated his home.

Y/n: Look, man, I've had a lot on my plate today! The news kept saying I was dead, I got stung by Scorpion, and I keep having weird multiverse dreams!

Miguel stands perfectly still, seemingly unimpressed and unphased by Y/n's outburst. He takes a single step forward and holds something out in the palm of his hand.

Miguel O'Hara: What if I could help with that?

Y/n: What the hell is that thing?

Miguel O'Hara: A device. One that lets the user travel the multiverse at their own free will. Glitch free. You see, I'm the leader of an elite strike force dedicated to cleaning up the mess you and your friends made when you blew up Kingpin's collider.

Y/n: So, what? You think I owe you my help?

Miguel O'Hara: I think you owe the multiverse your help. The explosion you made displaced hundreds of thousands of supervillains in the wrong universes. The longer they're there: the more potential risk they pose to the canon.