The Spider-Society

Y/n and Miguel are spat out of their multiversal portal. Y/n looks around/ taking in the new Earth. All he can see is a black expanse with some orange LEDs peppered across the area.

Y/n: What the hell is this?

The ground begins to shake before screaming up at incredible speeds. It becomes evident to Y/n that he is on some kind of elevator.

Miguel O'Hara: Hey, you're gonna miss the view.

Y/n looks behind him as the black expanse is changed by the view of glass windows- revealing a futuristic city. An upside-down futuristic city.

Miguel O'Hara: Welcome to Nueva York.

The elevator comes to a stop, and the two walk out into the vast expanse of the building. Cross-beams reach through the entire building with Spider-People walking on all different sides of it.

Y/n: Wow...

Miguel starts walking off. Assuming he is leading him somewhere, Y/n follows. Miguel and Y/n enter a large common room where they come to a halt.

Miguel O'Hara: Alright, see you later.

Y/n: Excuse me?

Miguel O'Hara: I have things to do, I'll come back and orientate you as soon as I can.

Y/n: What the hell am I supposed to do in the meantime?

Miguel O'Hara: This is the common room. Socialise! I may or may not have called in a few old friends for you.

With that, Miguel leaves Y/n to his own devices. He stands around awkwardly, defunding to remove his mask before a group of four enters from the ceiling-less top of the room.

Peter B. Parker: Y/n! I've missed you, buddy!

Descending to the common room come Peter B. Parker, Peni Parker, Spider-Man Noir and Peter Porker.

Y/n: Guys!

Y/n gives Peter a hug and happily greets the other three. The group decides to shift to a large, green, couch where they catch up on the month that separated their first meeting from this one.

Peter B. Parker: I like the new suit! The old one was kind of an eyesore.

Y/n: Weren't you in sweatpants last I saw you?

Peter B. Parker: Ouch! Okay, I see we still have an attitude problem!

Y/n and Peter grin to each other. As the group chats, Y/n sees countless Spider-People mill about the complex, wearing all different kinds of suits.

Y/n: So, how long have you guys been here?

Peni Parker: Peter's been here a few weeks. The rest of us only got here a few days before you.

Y/n: Wow, okay. And what about Gwen and Miles?

The mood instantly shifts, the others clearly uncomfortable that this topic had come up in their otherwise pleasant conversation.

Spider-Man Noir: The future man, he doesn't want them.

Y/n: Why the hell not?

Peter B. Parker: Miguel thinks that Gwen's too unpredictable. I know it seems like a lot, with how many different Spider-People there are here, but Miguel doesn't let just anyone in. He's extremely selective. That's why Gwen didn't make the cut.

Y/n: And what about Miles?

Spider-Ham: That's... for Miguel to explain.

Y/n: Actually, I'm pretty sure I'd rather hear it from you guys. Seeing as you're supposed to be his friends and all.