The North American Blue

I shared a glance with Harry. Fluer was going first. She left the tent looking green. I murrmured good luck as she whisked out of the tent, but if she heard she didn't respond. I started pacing in circles around the tent, my stomach in knots. Krum was sulking in a corner. Harry was biting his knuckle. I walked over and pulled it our of his mouth.

"Don't do that." I scolded, then continued my pacing. I heard cheering and knew that Fluer had gottan the egg. The whistle blew once more and Krum left. There was a roar from the dragon, and the ground trembled slightly. I felt sick.

"I'm going to be sick." I groaned. Harry nodded.m

"Good luck." I said as the stands cheered once again. the whistle blew, and I hugged him. He walked out, trembling.

"lets run. We can hide." ember muttered. There were cheers and gasps from the crowd. Please tell me he's ok. He has to be safe.

"I won't run away, Ember. Its a magical contract. There's a difference between facing this with my head held high and hiding my fear or being dragged out there like a coward." I replied steadily.

"You ready?" I asked, as the cheers told me Harry had saved the egg.

"Of course." she said, grinning. I stepped out, my heart pounding erratically against my ribs. my head spun. I was walking as if in a dream. I immediatly located Fred in the crowd, George and Lee each with a firm hold on his arms, pinning him to his seat. My brain was numb of all thought.

The dragon stared at me. She slithered on the ground, her sharp tail lashing back and forth. Her silvery blue scales flashed in the light, and her golden eyes glared at me. She was truely elegent, a beautiful yet dangerous creature whom I wished I could walk away from. I didn't want to fight her.

"Here goes nothing." I breathed. I shifted, and my eyes turned amber. Ember and I raced forward togather. Flames engulfed us and screams were heard, but I ignored them. I felt nothing but gentle heat.

"SAVANNA!" Fred yelled at the top of his lungs. I shifted back as the flames vanished, scooping up the egg in my hands and running for my life. I rolled out of the way of another jet of flames as dragon keepers ran to subdue her. I collapsed on the ground on my hands and knees, my breathing harsh and ragged. I closed my eyes as nausea washed over me. I won't throw up I won't throw up.

Fred, racing over and practically reading my mind, pulled over a can. I emptied what little breakfast I had. The egg lay at my feet. Fred had a hand on my back. I was shaking from head to foot.

"Don't ever do that again!" he gasped when I finished, wiping my mouth on my sleeve. I nodded.

"Trust me, I don't plan on it." I groaned. I stood shakily, picking up the egg and tucking it under my arm.

In the hospital tent Madam Pomfrey gave me a potion that calmed my stomach and my nerves.

"You did the best. No injuries whatsoever." Percy said stuffily.

"Well, it helps that it was impossible for me to get burned." I said.

I looked up at the scores.

Madame Maxime- Nine

Mr. Crouch- Nine

Dumbledore- Ten

Ludo Bagman- Nine

Karkaroff- Five

"You lousy(Ron said a few words that made Hermione cringe) You gave krum a ten!" Ron yelled. Harry grinned, the cut on his shoulder healed. I grinned widly.

"I'm in first." I said, smiling.

"Krum and Harry are tied for second." Ron explained.

We trooped up to the common room, exuaustion running over me. Fred and George picked me and Harry up onto their shoulders(me on Fred's) and carried us to the common room. We climbed through the portrait hole, and the common room exploded.

"Great job!"

"Amazing!"

"Bloody brilliant!" and a hundred other comments rang out. I stayed down and celebrated surviving with the other Gryffindors. Professor Mcgonagall came up and told everyone to go to bed. I yawned, but she said

"Savanna, wait." I turned to see her.

"I'm very proud of you. You did wonderfully. and don't ever scare me like that again or I'll put you in detention for a week." she said, smiling. I did something that shocked her. I hugged her.

"Thank you Professor." I said, scurrrying up to the dorm.

My heart felt lighter than it had in weeks. Now I just had to figure out the egg's clue.

If I could listen to it long enough to hear it, considering the headache it gave me.