Dementors

I sat on the train with the Trio. I hadn't seen any of the Weasleys but Ron so far, as I'd been staying with Hermione that summer.

Summer flashback

Hermione and I had a blast the whole summer. We went swimming, played games, and on our paris trip, saw the Eiffel Tower and a whole bunch of other places. We and Ron shared many letters, but Harry couldn't send any.

"Hey! Check this out!" I heard Hermione call. She had a Daily Prophet.

'Sirius Black- Escape from Askaban

Sirius Black, a convicted mass murderer, has escaped from askaban. He is the first one in History ever to escape the Dementors. The only clue to his wearabouts are that he was muttering

'he's at Hogwarts' over and over in his sleep. Ministry officials have yet to discover how he escaped. A warning. Do not approach him. If you see Sirius Black, contact the Ministry immediatly and keep your distance.'

It said.

"Escaped mass murderer. Nice." I said dryly. She didn't laugh.

"He killed twelve Muggles and one wizard in a single spell. The wizard was one of his friends." she said quietly.

"How someone could kill a pack-mate never ceases to amaze me." I said, reading over my essay. She nodded.

"Harry is at the Leakey Cauldren. He blew up his aunt. You coming with us?" she asked.

"Nah. I'm meeting up with an old friend. Hagrid sent me my stuff." I said, pointing to a parcel by my trunk.

this friend was Sierra. Hagrid had brought her pack to live in the Forbidden Forest. They had been driven out, so she immediatly contacted me via other werewolf pack near the area where they lived.

"See you." she said. Later they returned home and the next day we're on the train.

End of Flashback.

We sat and talked for most of the ride. There was someone else in our compartment, a teacher who was fast asleep. He didn't smell completely human though. I studied his shabby robes and tired appearence. He looked ill.

"A werewolf." Ember said.

"Huh?" I whispered. The others didn't notice.

"Lyncanthrope." she explained. I had an 'ooohhhhh' moment and she laughed. I rolled my eyes mentally when we both stiffened. I smelled something dreadful. It turned cold. I scented something that smelled evil. A hint of death was mixed in. I shuddered. The lights in the train went out and I heard the teacher move. He was awake now. I moved over slightly. The fact that we were both weres connected us, even if he didn't know what I was. Though he probably did.

"Hang on." I said, then stepped out of the compartment. I could see in the dark luckily. I saw Ginny, but she didn't see me.

"Look out!" I hissed before she stepped on my foot.

"I was looking for ron." she explained.

"Well come on then." I said, pulling her into the compartment. I held onto her hand and we sat down. My heart was hammering against my ribs.

"Goodness, the moon's gone." I whispered.

"You would worry about the moon right now." Ron attempted a joke.

"The Moon gives me my strength. She's pretty much a diety. When Fate shunned us, she blessed us and gave us power." I hissed, not taking in that it was a joke and getting rather irritated.

"Wow." was all Ginny said.

"I forget how uneducated you are in our ways. Remind me to start explaining once in a while." I said. Then it became even colder. I pulled Ginny closer to me and Ember growled. A hand opened up the compartment. A hooded figure stepped in, looking around. Harry's eyes rolled back in his head, but I didn't move. Ginny was shaking, and tears welled in my eyes. Horrible images filled my head.

"no! NO!" I yelled, curling into a corner, trying to block out the yells of my pack and the scenes of battle, them dying one by one. I covered my ears. I heard my brother's dying cry.

"No! No no no." I moaned over and over. I started feeling light headed.

"Don't hurt them." I whimpered, closing my eyes. Suddenly it was gone. The warmth came back and the images faded. I moved over to harry, lifting him easily into his seat. Thank goodness for werewolf strength!

"Good grief. He's heavier than he looks." I exclaimed. Ginny was curled into a ball, shivering. Lupin came back just before Harry came to.

"Who screamed?" he asked.

"No one, Harry." Hermione said.

"He was hearig someone from his past." I blurted. Everyone stared.

"I heard my family. My brother, to be exact. He yelled out before he died. I-I heard it." i said. he stared.

"My mom..." he whispered. I went over and hugged him.

"I know, Harry." I said. He hugged me, and I felt like he was my lifeline right now.

"Here. Eat this." the professor said. I nodded, making sure Ginny had some before I ate.

"Its ok, Ginny. Its only a memory." I assured. she ate the chocolate. When I ate my bit I felt better.

"You didn't pass out, though." I heard Harry say bitterly.

"I would have, if I didn't have Ember. It takes a lot to make a Wolf pass out. So you aren't alone. I almost did even with her. Don't feel bad." I said. He nodded, though I knew it hadn't helped. We made it to the school quickly.