Ep.7 (3/5)

Y/n and Heeseung had stood there, their foreheads touching, a moment pregnant with unspoken emotions. But as Y/n's thoughts drifted to Jungwon, she heard his voice echoing in her mind, reminding her to stop. She turned her head away, breaking the delicate connection between them.

Heeseung, concerned, asked, "What's wrong?"

Y/n collected herself, her thoughts momentarily clouded with Jungwon's presence, and replied, "Here's your phone."

Heeseung accepted his phone back, and as Y/n's phone buzzed, she realized that it was Aera calling. She stepped away, answering the call.

Y/n: "Hi, what's up? Are you going to see me?"

Aera's voice came through the phone, "See you soon. Y/n and Heeseung are coming to see us here. You can just wait."

Jay, curious, inquired, "That's it?"

Aera returned her attention to the chat with Taehyun on her phone.

Aera: "Having a fight with your boyfriend?"

Jay: "You keep looking at your phone because he doesn't reply to you, huh? You don't have to tell, but you should brace yourself. When a guy does this, it usually means he found someone new. I do it too."

Aera: "No. Taehyun isn't that kind of person."

Jay: "You said you weren't having a fight."

Aera: "But my boyfriend isn't a player like you."

Jay couldn't resist a light teasing as he placed his hand on Aera's head. She promptly pushed it away.

Jay: "You've always been naive."

Aera, still glancing at her phone, noticed Taehyun with a different girl. She waved, but he didn't seem to respond. A pang of distress washed over her.

Aera: "I'm going to the restroom."

She walked away from the cafe and found a secluded place where she sat down and allowed her tears to flow. Soon, Jay joined her, offering a handkerchief.

Jay: "I'll say it again. You're too naive."

Aera, her eyes brimming with tears, stared at him.

Aera: "Are you here to taunt me?"

Jay: "No."

He sat down beside her, handing her the handkerchief. Aera used it to wipe away her tears, but she continued to sob softly. Jay watched her, genuinely concerned. Then he took out his phone and began taking pictures of her.

Aera, startled, demanded, "What are you doing? Stop messing around. Delete the photos now."

She reached for his phone, but he playfully kept it out of her reach. They locked eyes, sharing a brief moment of laughter.

Jay: "This looks more like you. It's boring when you cry. Some girls cry pretty, but tears are not for someone like you. Dry your tears and get back to being a fighter."

Aera smiled despite her teary eyes.

Aera: "Don't you know how to console people the normal way?"

Jay, with a sly grin, agreed, "All right, let's go."

Aera: "I think Y/n and Heeseung should be here now."

With their brief interlude, Jay and Aera managed to share a moment of camaraderie and support amidst the uncertainty surrounding their friends' relationships.