Ep.5 (4/5)

In the dimly lit hotel room, Narae and Jungwon stood face to face, their lives irreversibly entangled.

Jungwon, still bewildered by Narae's revelations, took a step toward her. "I don't understand," he admitted.

Narae met his gaze, her eyes filled with a complex mix of emotions. "You talk like you've known me a long time. Didn't you just transfer to my school this semester?"

She began to reveal her long-kept secret, her voice quivering with raw honesty. "No. We met a long time ago. You may not remember who I was, but you know what? The first thing I know about you is that you hate an ugly girl. I was just a primary school kid who always admired you. It hurt me badly. I knew that I wasn't pretty then. I looked horrible, so... I told myself to use that pain to push myself further and win you over. I did everything to get to you. I studied your history to know everything about you. I knew what you liked and didn't like. After I got to a certain age, I tried to change everything about myself. I changed my history, wiped the slate clean, and became a girl you may like. Finally, I was confident that I could get your attention, but everything went wrong ever since I met Y/n, a girl I feigned a friendship with just to blend in. But then, she took all of your attention from me. It's the beginning of everything that went wrong, so I planned to destroy her. It's funny how easy it is to take down a poor person. Oh well, even with everything I did, you can't get over her."

Jungwon shook his head in disbelief. "What is this? What is wrong with you, Narae? What did you do it for?"

Narae revealed the depth of her feelings. Her emotions laid bare. "For you. I love you so damn much. I just want your love."

Jungwon couldn't comprehend the gravity of her actions and questioned, "My love? You should hate me."

Narae's confession of mixed emotions continued, "I do. I hate you. I hate you very much, but you know what? Since that day, I haven't been able to get you off my mind. I feel both love and hate for you. Can't you understand?"

A heavy silence filled the room as Jungwon struggled to process the tangled emotions laid bare before him.

Narae, with tears in her eyes, questioned Jungwon's perception. "You think I'm pathetic, huh? You think I've gone insane. A guy like you would never understand."

Jungwon surprised her by revealing his own inner turmoil. "No, I think I could understand. It may not be the same, but that feeling of dislike and love, I get that too. I didn't know what it was at first, but I am sure now that, no matter how much pain I feel or whatever people say, in the end, deep down, I believe in her. In the end, the girl I choose is Y/n."

Narae sought clarity, her emotions still in turmoil. "What does it mean?"

Jungwon's voice was firm as he emphasized, "I don't know what you want, Narae, but what I want to tell you is that no matter how hard you try, how much you improve yourself, you can never be Y/n. No one can be Y/n. Y/n is Y/n."

Narae attempted to understand the implications of his words. "This is some crazy shit. No logic whatsoever, but it's good. It means if she's out of the picture, this will end, right?"

Jungwon, realizing the gravity of the situation, questioned her actions. "What are you doing? What are you doing to Y/n?"

Jungwon made a desperate attempt to retrieve his phone, but Narae brandished a sharp piece of glass.

"Jungwon, please don't come any closer," she warned.

He pleaded with her to stop. "Stop it, Narae. Give me my phone."

But Narae was unyielding. "If you don't choose me, I'll destroy her life right now."

Jungwon's frustration grew as he implored her once more, "Stop it, Narae, and give me my phone!"

Narae was relentless in her pursuit. "You stop. Give in already. Just say it, Jungwon. Say you choose me. Say it!"

With a heavy heart and a lump in his throat, Jungwon spoke words he knew were untrue: "That will be a lie, Narae."

Narae's frustration reached a boiling point, and she screamed as she knelt on the ground, tears streaming down her face.

"F-fine, if this is what you want... this face will no longer be necessary," she declared.

She raised the sharp piece of glass to her cheek, ready to disfigure herself. Jungwon, in a last-ditch effort, stopped her, grabbing the sharp object, causing his hand to bleed.

"Narae, I'm sorry," he said softly, his voice filled with empathy. "But the person you should love the most is yourself, okay?"

Narae sobbed uncontrollably, and Jungwon relinquished the piece of glass. He retrieved his phone, opening the school's group chat, where he saw the messages regarding Y/n's bullying.

He cast a final, withering look at Narae before leaving the hotel room, his determination to make things right burning more fiercely than ever.

As the boys continued to destroy Aera's motorcycle, the fire cast an ominous glow in the field, leaving Y/n devastated and struggling to free herself from their hold.

"Stop it!" she cried out desperately, tears streaming down her face.

The boys were relentless, fueled by anger and a misguided sense of justice.

Teacher: "What are you doing? This is too much. I'll tell security."

One of the boys sneered, addressing the mean girls, "You know you told me to do this, right? Are you sure you want to stop us?"

It was a moment of reckoning, but Y/n's determination remained unwavering.

"Just stop it already!" she pleaded, her voice trembling.

As they doused the motorcycle in gasoline and prepared to set it ablaze, Y/n's heart raced, watching helplessly as the flames began to consume the cherished vehicle.

"Are you all insane?" she screamed, her anguish pouring out.

Y/n fought to break free from the boys holding her, determined to confront the injustice head-on.

The boys taunted her, their anger manifesting in threats, ready to escalate the situation.

"Do you want more?" one of them questioned. "You're the one who makes F4 mad, and you did a shitty thing. You still have the nerve to fight us?"

With unwavering resolve, Y/n defied them, tears in her eyes. "Of course. Even though no one else in the world believes me, I'll never give up."

Just as the situation threatened to take a more dangerous turn, Jungwon arrived on the scene, his fury and disappointment evident.

"Damn it! Get out, all of you. Go!" he shouted, pushing the boys away.

As the troublemakers scattered, Y/n was left trembling, her spirit unbroken. Jungwon caught her as she was about to collapse, his arms wrapping around her protectively.

"Y/n! Y/n!" he called out to her, his voice filled with concern.

He lifted her in a bridal-style hold, and their eyes locked, both reflecting the pain and regrets of the past.

"I'm sorry for allowing this to happen," Jungwon said, regret lacing his words. "I'm sorry I got here late."

Y/n, on the brink of tears once more, clung to his shirt, finding solace in his presence.

Jungwon continued, his apology sincere and heartfelt, "I'm sorry I didn't believe you. I believe you now, Y/n. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

Y/n sobbed against his chest, releasing the pent-up emotions she had held inside for so long.

With her safely in his arms, Jungwon turned away from the burning motorcycle and began to walk away from the field, determined to make amends and protect the person he cared for the most—Y/n.