Chapter 8: Take a look at the brother-in-law who likes me (8)

Chen Liguo originally thought he could be a Shawshank.

But when things happened, I realized that I was living in reality, not in a movie.

Staring at the conspicuous gap in the chain on his foot, Chen Liguo heard Ran Qingkong's footsteps coming from the door.

Chen Liguo said with a sad face: "System, I'm so panicked."

The system wondered why I chose a host like you.

When Ran Qingkong came in, he saw Chen Liguo lying on the bed reading a book, with his lower body covered with a thin quilt. He looked at Chen Liguo's listless appearance, touched his forehead, and whispered, "What's wrong? Are you feeling uncomfortable?"

Chen Liguo groaned for a long time without saying a word of nonsense.

Seeing that he was silent, Ran Qingkong asked, "Wen You, what's wrong?"

Chen Liguo was weeping in his heart, but on the surface, he still looked indifferent to Ran Qingkong. He said: "Ran... Ran Qingkong, have you been very busy recently?"

Hearing that Chen Liguo didn't call Brother Ran anymore, Ran Qingkong frowned slightly and said, "Yeah."

Chen Liguo pursed his lips and stopped talking.

Ran Qingkong looked at his coquettish expression and guessed that he must want to ask about Ran Tongtong's condition. He felt inexplicably disappointed and said in a low voice: "Tongtong's condition is not bad."

Chen Liguo said: "Yes... then... when will you leave?"

Ran Qingkong said: "I've just come and you want me to leave?"

Chen Liguo thought to himself that if you don't leave, you will find a hole in the chain on my leg. You must tear it off.

Ran Qingkong saw Chen Liguo's shivering look, and the bitterness in his heart became stronger. He said, "Wen You, don't be afraid of me."

Chen Liguo hummed and remained silent.

Ran Qingkong said: "I'm going to take a shower." After saying that, he went to the toilet, leaving Chen Liguo lying alone on the bed and feeling uneasy.

Ten minutes later, Ran Qingkong walked towards Chen Liguo while wiping his wet hair. He was about to lift the quilt and lie down on the bed when he heard Chen Liguo's low voice: "Your hair is not dry yet."

Ran Qingkong said: "Huh?"

Chen Liguo said: "I, let me help you dry it..."

Ran Qingkong didn't expect Chen Liguo to be so proactive today. He was a little surprised but more of a surprise. He said, "Wen You?"

Chen Liguo ignored Ran Qingkong, turned around and took a hair dryer from the bedside table, and began to slowly dry Ran Qingkong's hair.

Ran Qingkong turned his back to Chen Liguo, feeling the hot air from the ventilator blowing on the top of his head. He felt that his heart which should have given up was covered with some undue expectation.

The two of them were in harmonious silence. Just when their hair was about to dry, Ran Qingkong spoke softly. The first words he spoke made Chen Liguo almost cry. He said, "Wen You, I'll I'll take the chain off for you."

Chen Liguo: "..."

Ran Qingkong said: "You can run away if you want. I can't lock you up for the rest of your life."

Chen Liguo: "..."

Ran Qingkong said: "But no matter where you escape, I will never let you go."

Chen Liguo: "..."