Chapter Nine, The right measure

Wallace opened his eyes and smiled at the sight of Star sleeping peacefully on his chest

Wallace opened his eyes and smiled at the sight of Star sleeping peacefully on his chest. As he cuddled up to her, his fingers could gently feel the wound on her side, which was now completely closed but still tender to the touch. The smell of vanilla in her hair felt more intoxicating and the sunlight filtering through the window made her look more radiant. This moment became the Aquilae's favourite, and he wished intensely that it would never end.

How did they wake up like that?

He didn't remember doing anything indecorous with her the night before, but he was experiencing that feeling of relaxation that came after being carnally involved with someone. Eventually, when she woke up, Star would give him an explanation to why the sun caught her naked in his arms.

Feeling her move, Amery held his breath. He didn't want to disturb her in any way in her awakening, for he saw her so fragile and helpless he believed she would break with any movement.

"Wallace", Star murmured.
"Yes?"

The girl looked at him smiling. The freckles on her face looked darker and her skin had a very particular glow.

"Are you all right? I felt you trembling last night." He nodded.
"Pretty good, but I didn't expect to make it through the night without remembering how we got here."
"There is an explanation", Star sat up. Wallace got a brief glimpse of her long hair glistening in the sun before she spoke again. "But there is also a problem: I don't know where to begin."
"How about you start from the end and we'll recapitulate?"

The girl gave him such a seductive look, the Aquilae couldn't help but blink nervously. She turned around and straddled him in one swift movement.

"So you want to reconstruct the facts", Star leaned over Wallace and kissed his neck softly as she caressed his abdomen. He ran his fingers through her hair and nodded. "What if we start with a particularly pleasant one?"
"Star..." Amery closed his eyes and gasped as he felt a slight pressure in his lower abdomen.
"Shhhh", she stopped him. "No need to talk."

They pressed their lips together and surrendered to an intense, sinuous kiss. His hands rested delicately but firmly on Star's hips, and a warm sensation swept over them for a few seconds. She pulled herself upright, and he could see a telltale blush on her cheeks that made him smile.

"I'm not going to do anything you don't want to, Star."
"Neither will I", she replied as she tied her hair back. "Where were we?"

Star brought her face close to Wallace's to kiss him once more, but the sound of the window breaking interrupted the moment. As she turned around, a woman dressed as a Serpens leapt into the room and slashed a knife across the girl's belly. To the tune of a piercing scream of pain, the Aquilae received the full splash of blood in his eyes and took a few seconds to react, seconds that the intruder used to nail the blade into his throat.

 To the tune of a piercing scream of pain, the Aquilae received the full splash of blood in his eyes and took a few seconds to react, seconds that the intruder used to nail the blade into his throat