Epilogue, Bad things

With her arms resting on the edge of the tub and the moonlight caressing her back, Asteria popped the last olive from the bowl into her mouth and took a sip from her glass of wine

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

With her arms resting on the edge of the tub and the moonlight caressing her back, Asteria popped the last olive from the bowl into her mouth and took a sip from her glass of wine. Then she laid her head on Wallace's chest, who was staring up at the stars, fascinated by what just happened.

"I can't believe you and Electra use 'goat cheese' as a code word for sex". They both laughed.
"It started out as a joke between us, but then we took it seriously to know what to do if one of us had to leave the house for a while."
"There's something even more incredible, you're the stepdaughter of the Aquilae Immortalis!"
"Remember that thing about always being hidden? That's the biggest secret I've ever kept and I don't regret having accepted that responsibility", as she spoke, the girl noticed that Wallace had a scratch on his neck and softly ran her fingers over it. "I have to be more gentle, I hate to see you bleed because of me."
"I'll be fine", the Aquilae kissed her lover's hand and stroked her hair. "May I?"

She nodded. They were quite rough during their pleasant physical contact, and far from being alarmed by the marks on their bodies they learned that a little pain was very stimulating and kept them grounded. Asteria was determined enough to ask Wallace to stop if something was bothering her and he did the same, creating a very special connection.

As Amery braided her hair, she finally took the time to tell him the origin of the scar on her back that she didn't want to talk about for so long, and he listened with a heavy heart. If Olivia of York thought for a moment that physically hurting her would take away her greatness, courage, and femininity, she was sorely mistaken.

Wallace wrapped his arms around her and showered her back with kisses. A scar did not define her, nor would it detract from what Asteria meant to him, and instead made her figure more venerable and strong, an incarnation of Aphrodite herself just for his enjoyment.

Although the sex between them was quite rough, they found the time of mutual aftercare very satisfying. Gentle caresses were much needed after rough sessions where they both left bruises or scratches on their bodies and memories in their souls, along with a little alcohol and some chocolate to relax. It was the right recipe for catching their breath.

Asteria got out of the tub and fetched a bottle of wine from the shed. Then she sat down on the edge of the tub to fill a couple of glasses. Once again, Wallace delighted himself in the sight of the blue monkey tattoo he first saw under the light of that same majestic moon. This time, knowing he had full permission to do so, he traced each stroke with his fingertips, noticing a slight relief where the black ink marked each contour on the velvety skin that the water made sparkle.

"Have you heard the legend of the three monkeys at the Tōshō-gū Shrine?" asked Wallace.
"I'm going to pretend I haven't", she did know it, but she wanted to hear it from her lover. "Would you like to tell me about it?"
"Of course I would", they both intertwined their hands. "There was a samurai in Japan called Tokugawa Ieyasu, wise and prudent. He encouraged everyone he knew to be respectful and good to those around them, and as a reminder of that he had a sculpture created with three monkeys: one with his hands on his ears, one with his hands on his eyes and the last with his hands on his mouth."
"Ah, really?" Asteria stepped back into the tub, wrapped her arms around Amery's waist and began kissing him on the neck.
"The first monkey covering his ears means 'don't listen to bad things'. The second monkey covering his eyes means 'don't see bad things'. And the third monkey covering his mouth means 'don't say bad things'", replied the Aquilae in a stammer. The girl chuckled, for she knew very well it was making him lose his concentration.
"And which monkey means 'don't do bad things'?"
"I'm not sure. Can you please keep your hands to yourself? I'm telling you something". She obeyed.
"All right, I'll let you finish."
"The monkeys are now a symbol of wisdom and good behaviour", the Aquilae hurried the words a bit. "Many people got smaller reproductions of the shrine sculpture to have in their homes so they don't forget to be respectful and good to people, and I'm done."