Chapter 1

Hatsune's POV

It's been a month since I'd move with my former stepmother now new mom, why? I rather not talk about it...it's complicated let me introduce myself, my name is Hatsune Momoi and currently I'm doing my homework while listening to my favorite music, they're music always made my day better even on the bad times.

"Hatsune! are you done with your homework?" I could hear my new Mom Izumi Momoi yelling from downstairs as I lower the music's volume.

"Yes just finishing one math problem!"

"Alright, just want to know, and once you're done join me for dinner" she tells me.

"I will!" I yell back before going on finishing my last math problem and then get up from my chair and walks downstairs to join Izumi for dinner.

we were eating in a comfortable silence and enjoying our food that's until I hear my new mom decided to break it "so still thinking about creating a avatar for yourself?" she then asked.

"I mean...maybe I'm still not sure about this Link Vrains thing, I can't come up with a avatar, I didn't even sign up for it, I thought it was a waste of time" I said sadly.

"Well, your grandmother didn't give you her decks before she passed away" Izumi reminded me.

I nodded "yeah, but still I can't come up with anything good, I want to make it acceptable for everyone" I said.

Izumi sighed "listen, your parents aren't here to tell you what to do or not to do anymore, Hatsune; you can start fresh, as the real you..." she tells me.

"Even if I'm gay?" I asked her.

Izumi nodded "Gay, Straight, Bi, I don't care, I accepted you when you came out to me but, your father changed not for the better, I should've noticed sooner, he wasn't the man I fell in love with those five years that I'd been with him" she said.

I placed my hand on top of hers "what happened to me wasn't in your control, and you didn't knew that side of the old man... I appreciate that you still care for me" I said.

Izumi wipe her eyes with her free hand and looks back at me "You know with how honest and kind you are, and that bright side of yours, you can express that side of you as a Charisma Duelist" she said to me

I looked at her confusedly "Charisma Duelist, you mean like The Gore and Blue Angel?" I questioned.

"yeah and that new duelist that has been popping up recently, Playmaker" she said before looking at me with a smirk "and I say he's a keeper" she joked.

I roll my eyes "Oh come on, like someone like him will be interested in someone like me, he doesn't even know I exist" I said.

she shrugs "true, but you'll could get well known yourself, Hatsune" she then said.

I thought for a moment before looking back at her "I have a name, but it's unoriginal unlike Playmaker, Blue Angel, or even The Gore they're very cool if you ask me" I said.

"It doesn't have to be Original to be very cool" she then said.

I exhale looking at my new mom "I see..." I said before looking back at my food.

"So, any names for yourself?" she then asked.

"hm... how about..." I say.

-time skip-

School finally over has been and is the last time I'll be in this school since I'll be transferring to another school, and some guy yelled about the knight of Hanoi, probably trying to make Playmaker to appear in Link Vrains, I could of visit there but is not my place to be...at least not now, as I walk out of the classroom as I noticed something odd, and I walk out of school and I finally decided to visit Link Vrains because, I was curious, anyways what's so cool about it, but I have one problem... how can I get there?