Chapter 44

Since the League is done, we decide to stop at Aspertia City, since it is where I get my first gym badge. When we get there, we bump into a man as I remember Professor Juniper's father, Cedric Juniper.

"Oh, so you're Ash! My name's Juniper! The one who gave you your Oshawott is my daughter!" Cedric Juniper says.

"It is nice to meet you, sir." I say. "It sure has been a long time..."

"Has it been that long? I can't remember... Well, that's not really why I came. I hear from the other Professors that you have been trying to finish the Pokedex right? How's the process?"

"Well, there's still a few more Pokemon that we need to find." I say.

"Well then, think I'd best be taking my leave! Listen up! There are still many, many Pokémon in this world! Sometimes Pokémon attack each other for food. Sometimes they help one another. They protect each other's places. I'd be happy if you think about things like that while looking at the Pokédex."

After he leaves, Reisa says, "He just left like that..."

"Yeah, we didn't have a nice meeting last time." I say.

"That's because you're N and you did take the Snivy from him, which is now in Hilda's possession." Alice says.

Then we meet up with Hugh, who says, "Hey! My sis has something she wants to tell you!"

Hugh's sister steps forward and says, "Um... These days, I've been having dreams about a Pokemon. A Pokemon like that."

She points at Zoroark, who is confused. "It was calling your names."

"I don't really get it, but that's what she wanted to say. Be seeing you!" Hugh says.

After they leave, Eve asks, "Zoroark calling our names? I wonder what's that about..."

Then we head to Floccesy Town, and we decide to visit Alder. I decide to reveal about me being N to him. He just laughs and says, "I already know about it. I know something about N is not real... and the last battle we have in Lacunosa Town really shows me a lot."

I say, "The words that you've given me two years ago. I still remember it. Even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? It is because of this that I've learned to grow."

"I'm glad to hear it." Alder says. Just then, a boy rushes in and yells, "Gramps! I did it! I did it! I DID it! The Black Tower and the White Treehollow! I made it to the top and the deepest part!"

"Why, if it isn't Benga! Are you serious, boy?" Alder laughs.

"Hey! Gramps! You know how strong I am! Hey, hey!" Benga says, then he notices us, "Who're they?"

After introducing ourselves, Benga says, "I knew it! That Trainer smells tough!"

I think he's talking about me? Alder says, "How about it, Benga? Do you want to spar, perhaps?"

"No! I know that Trainer's strong! And I want to battle! But those Pokémon haven't been through enough! Me! And my Pokémon! We climbed to the top of the Black Tower and the deepest part of White Treehollow! You do that too! There we'll see who's stronger! Let's try hard to be the best! Later! Gramps and you guys!"

After Benga leaves, Alder chuckles, "He's a lively one, even for MY grandson! I'll explain what he was talking about. He challenged a place called the Black Tower and White Treehollow, which appeared in Black City and White Forest. You'll find out what kind of places they are if you go there. An ordinary Trainer, however, can't make it to where he is. So that's the story! If you'd like, you should take the challenge as well."