Chapter 42

That night, I'm looking outside the window since I can't sleep. Golly, Alice, and Reisa are in the same room as me, and I just decide to look at the glowing stadium.

"Starting tomorrow, that's where we'll be..." I say. "I'll bet the stadium's going to be packed. All this time traveling in the Unova Region just so we could compete in the Unova League. We've battled against a bunch of different Gym Leaders, haven't we? You know? All those Gym Leaders got us here. We'll win this for all of them. We're going to show them what we're made of."

Alice then slightly wake up and mutters, "Ash... you should go to sleep now... You're gonna have to get some rest if you want to do well tomorrow..." She's right, so I have to get some rest.

The next day, Iris is not going to sit with us because she's staying with Mr. Goodshow at the stands. This time there isn't a Torch Runner, with Officer Jenny being the one lighting the flames. There are also the qualifying rounds that only allow one Pokemon for the preliminaries.

As we look at the screen, the others already find theirs. "There I am, huh?" I gasp in shock because I'm facing Trip in the preliminary round.

"I can't believe Brother is battling Trip first." Golly says.

"That's great. Ash seems to be so pumped up at the moment that this could wind up working for him."

"So it's me against Trip." I say.

"Looking forward to it, Ash." Trip says to me before leaving. I know that we've gotta win against him.

The time has come when I'm battling Trip. The others are in different stadiums so that I am not sure if they win their matches or not. I only know that Stephan wins since we're in the same stadium.

"You ready Trip?" "Of course. Now let's just see how much stronger you are."

He goes for Serperior, his Starter Pokemon. So I go with Pikachu, since I've been planning to kick off the Unova League with him.

"When it comes to speed, Pikachu's just as fast!" I say. "Let's show them how fast! Quick Attack!"

Just before the Quick Attack hits Serperior, he dodges it. I then have Pikachu use Iron Tail which Serperior dodges yet again with his incredible speed. The same goes for Electro Ball as well.

"Okay. Now, it's my turn. Serperior, use Dragon Tail!"

Trip then commands Serperior to use Dragon Tail on Pikachu, and it is faster than Pikachu so he can't dodge. Pikachu immediately takes a big hit from Serperior's Dragon Tail and lands on the ground hard.

"Pikachu, no..." I mutter. "Come on, Pikachu! Get up!"

Pikachu slowly does, but falls right back into the same position after taking a blow from Serperior's Energy Ball. Serperior then launches a barrage of Dragon Tails, and with all the damage Pikachu has taken, he is not able to dodge all of them and gets hit again. Serperior immediately follows up with Wrap, squeezing Pikachu hard with his tail.

"So what now, Ash?" Trip asks.

"Alright... Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" I command, and Serperior is then commanded by Trip to stick his tail into the ground. The ground absorbs the Thunderbolt's electricity and negates all damage.

"That Thunderbolt didn't do a thing..." I grit my teeth in anger. Trip then commands Serperior to squeeze Pikachu with even more force, and Pikachu's head turns blue making him look like he will faint at any second.

"Ever since that loss, I have been training hard." Trip says. "I can't lose to you again."

"Pikachu! Listen to me! You can't give up now! Open your eyes!" I say.