Chapter 12: Mate is Bond

Start from the beginning

F: What is wrong with you?! How dare you-

A: How dare I what? Read the fucking room Finn! The Moon Goddess has gotten around. It states it clear as day in every book and in every culture she is referenced in. The Wolf Chronicles, The Book of Shadows, hell The Vampiric Trials might as well be her Only Fans page. I like to call the last one her Goth Girl era and -

F: Don't you ever shut up?

A: Not fucking ever! As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted- Her goth girl era and the subsequent creation of the parasitic, sex obsessed, blood demons we are forced to call kin...

This is around the time that I drifted hard and so very far from all that chaos.

***************************************************

Hmmm, Sunlight behind my eyelids. I fucking hate that!

I told you to close the curtains. Get up and shut them. I say reaching out to my twin the moment I become aware I roll over onto my side to escape the piercing light.

My eyes snap open the moment I realize my arms aren't wrapped around my pup shaped mate. I immediately sit up to look for him on my other side.

No sign of him and what's worse is Luca is also no where to be seen. I roughly shove at Micah to wake him but I underestimated my strength and send him flying off the opposite side of the bed.

"Oww! What the fuck you do that for?" He says snapping up to glare at me. I'm distracted for only a second as I realize my childhood baby blanket I wrapped around Leif is haphazardly draped over his head and covering up half of his face.

They're gone! I snap furiously as panic has my heart beating hard inside my chest.

Micah snatches the baby blanket off his head before moving up onto his knees. He reaches for the comforter, he tosses it back so hard it flies off the mattress and lands on the floor at the foot of the bed. His head swivels side to side slowly as if he can't clearly fucking see the bed in empty of two pups.

What an idiot - Asher says dryly as I hop out of bed to check the bathroom first.

I check every single inch of the bathroom when I return Micah steps out of the closet and shakes his head. I nearly fling shot myself out of the room wondering how the fuck they even came down off the bed without us hearing them at their small size. I'm dashing down the hallway ignoring closed doors when I hear Christine's distinct giggle from the living room. I hadn't realized how close behind me Micah is until I come to a complete stop and he bounces into my back.

But when I look across the living room relief fills me. Christine is sitting in the middle of the floor, cross legged on the large rug with Leif and Luca in her lap. She's holding a bowl in her hand and feeding them from a spoon.

She looks up at us with large eyes at our clumsy entrance.

I take a deep sigh of relief and walk over to drop myself flat onto the carpet to catch my breath and calm my racing heart.

Micah drops himself onto the couch to do the same.

"I'm sorry. Mom wants the pups fed on a schedule. You both looked so exhausted I didn't want to wake you." She says sincerely.

"It's fine as long as they're safe." Micah replies.

But please wake us next time if you don't want us to have heart attacks. I add as I sit up and look over to inspect what she's feeding them.