Chapter 12: Mate is Bond

-Blaze-

After Micah and I inhaled the dinner of steak and potatoes made by Christine we quickly retired to the guest room. It's a big room with a really big bed. In no time we settled in with our pups still resting against us. Micah turns off the light as I roll over onto my side with Leif cuddled to my chest.

Micah turns to face me in the same position.

"How is Asher?" He asks me.

Quiet. He feels guilty. I admit.

"Finn too."

I'm not angry. I'm too tired to be angry.

"Me too. I found my mate today, I refuse to be angry." He says with a pout as he buries his nose in Luca's coat that seems to glow beneath the moonlight radiating in from the open window.

He's acting all pouty and even at our conservatively big age it's cute.

Why didn't you shut the curtains? I ask already suspecting the answer.

His gaze lifts to meet mine before he slowly turns his face, "I wanted to sleep beneath the moon...she should see...you know what she did."

I chortle before rolling Leif and I over to face the opposite way.

"What's so funny?" He ask's seriously.

I laugh once again, If I told you once...She doesn't actually live in or on the moon.

"And for the millionth time how the hell would you know?! You been to her place of residence?" He snaps as he has done since we were children.

You think The actual freaking Moon Goddess would let America and Russia just go traipsing around her personal plain?

"Once again, how do you know there was even really a moon landing? It was possibly staged."

I roll my eyes, I'm not doing this with you tonight.

IN 1969?! - Finn interjects as clear as a bell inside my mind prompting Asher to sit up.

Ugh! I hate when they get involved.

You truly believe that they were actually sending people to the moon in 1969? -Finn reiterates.

Yeah? What about it?- Asher replies for us cause at this point I have checked out. I bury my nose into Leif's soft fur my eyes already heavy.

Technology! Would you yourself get inside a big ass mental fire trap and be shot into space with the technology humans had in 1969? - Finn fires back.

A: And how do you know they didn't have help from wolves, vampires, or witches? Our community is the backbone in the advancements of humans.

F: Their advancements are OUR  advancements. All beings under the Moon Goddess are intertwined. If they ever did make it it to the Moon it would be by our allowance. In that frame of thought why wouldn't we want them to succeed?

A: The same reason we hide our existence. Humans are literally the absolute fucking worst! The most destructive, selfish, simple minded creatures the Moon goddess ever created. Her last and final attempt at creation and let us be honest the load she should have swallowed!

Finn gasps, You dare blaspheme on the very day she gifts us our mates! Say nothing else least we be cast out in our afterlife!

A: How is that blaspheming? You've read the chronicles just as we all have. That Maternal Goddess has mated, and mated, and mated some fucking more! All series of omnipotent creatures. She has had dicks and tentacles of every shape, form, color, and breed inside her every orifice!