Chapter 2 : Birthday Bliss

-Leif POV-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Luca squeals as he dances out of our bedroom on his tip toes. Giggling cutely and shaking his hips as he dashes over with a pretty white gift box adorned with a crimson bow.

I smother my smile and instead roll my eyes even though my twin makes me happier than anyone else in this whole world.

He places the box in front me on our small kitchen table as he looks down at me with sparkling hazel eyes.

I love Luca's eyes- I always have. They are warm and honest and they remind me that even though we don't have parents or any family at all... I'm loved and cherished just the same.

"You promised me breakfast!" I fuss and he scoffs.

"I'm buying it not cooking it. Now hurry up and open our present." He says bouncing back and forth on his tip toes.

I look at him skeptically.
"Our present?"

He nods enthusiastically, "One's for you and the other for me."

"Hmm, I guess I'll play along." I say as I lift the small gift box I had hidden in my lap and place it next to him on the table.

Luca squeals loudly as he leans down to wrap his arms around my neck and squeeze the daylights out of me.

"Need...air." I squeak and he releases me from his vise.

He quickly takes his seat beside me as he prepares to open his gift. I stall him by taking his hand in my own.

His gaze meets mine and I smile, "Happy Birthday. I love you so much." I say simply.

"I love you too Leif. Thanks for always being with me."

"Same. Now open it." I say and he wiggles in his seat as his hand slips from mine.

The moment he lifts the top off the small box he gasps and I smile.

I watch as his lifts the white gold hoops from the box to admire them in the light.

"Silver?" He asks as his eyes twinkle in awe.

"Nope. White gold."

The moment the words leave my lips he gasps again.

"Expensive!" He exclaims.

"Yes. But worth it. You always get so sad when your favorite hoops start to tarnish. These won't for a very long time. But when they do all you have to do is take it back to the store and they'll revive them for free." I say with pride that I was able to treat my older brother after working so much overtime.

"Expensive." He whines again with furrowed brows.

I reach up and brush the few ash blonde curls that have moved onto his face behind his ears.

"You're so worth it and most importantly you deserve it." I reply as I hold his gaze.

"But you must of spent all your car fund."

I sigh, "And so? We'll be walking around a little while longer but it doesn't matter. I wanted you to have them." I say as I pluck the hoop from his hand and lean over to place it in his ear for him. Then I pick the other hoop from the box and turn his head to put it in the other ear.

I hold his chin as I admire him.

"Gorgeous." I say with a smile.

"Really?" He asks and I can feel all his guilt.