"Gues it's time to wrap this up. Alright then! Smash Pikachu into the battlefield!" Trip commands.

It is then Pikachu regains consciousness in the process, and I have him use Iron Tail on the battlefield, which cushion his landing.

"Use Iron Tail again!" I command while Serperior overpowers him with a Dragon Tail.

"You have battled well, but it's over now."

"Over?" I say. "I should return the words to you."

I quickly come up with an idea, so I command Pikachu to use a combination of Iron Tail and Electro Ball, and Trip commands Serperior to intercept with Dragon Tail, and as both Pokémon execute their attacks, a huge explosion billows. As the smoke clears, Pikachu looks extremely weak, but takes a quick look at Serperior and starts jumping for joy.

"Wait a minute. So, what's up with Serperior?" Trip says in shock, then he sees his Serperior being defeated.

Everyone in the stands begins to go crazy, especially all of my friends since Pikachu defeats such a strong Pokémon against all odds and gains me access to the next round.

Back in the Pokemon Center, we find Trip who is preparing to leave.

"Are you leaving already?" I ask.

"Look, Ash, you won it fair and square. But next time will be different. If I'm ever going to defeat Alder, I'll have to be stronger than I am now. That's just the way it is." Trip replies.

"Alright, so let's both give it our best." I say while shaking hands.

After that, we boys are in the Sauna as we are talking about our battles. Stephan asks, Hey, Ash, how is it like when you battle the champion?"

"Well, I feel nervous, but then I am more excited since I want to win against the Champion." Ash replies.

"That sounds interesting." Nate says.

The next day, we find that Cameron is battling Rosa while I'm battling Bianca. Cameron's Samurott immediately goes on the offensive against Rosa's Escavalier, and though Rosa maxes out Escavalier's defensive power with Iron Defense, a successful double Razor Shell from Samurott still gets through, and Escavalier is out.

Rosa calls up Emboar, which seems like a strange choice. As a Fire-type, it's at a disadvantage against the Water-type Samurott. But it is thanks to Emboar using Attract that Samurott is defeated by some fighting moves. Cameron then calls on his beloved Riolu, who proves to be quite a powerhouse despite its small size. Its speed, dexterity, and expert timing, combined with moves like Copycat and Vacuum Wave, are enough to finish Emboar off, and Cameron claims the first win in the Unova League's main event.

"I lost so early, but thanks for the battle." Rosa says to Cameron.

"No problem." The two shake hands and leave the field.

As for me and Bianca, I start with Braviary against her Musharna, her Musharna proves to be a strong opponent with Yawn and Dream Eater, but Braviary wakes up in the end and finishes with Crush Claw and Sky Attack. As for her second Pokemon, she chooses Cinccino, which uses Tail Slap to knock my Braviary out.

I decide to go with Sawk, by using Low Sweep to lower its speed, and then finishes with a bunch of Fighting moves. Bianca is not happy that she loses, and she begins to cry.

"Why did we have to lose? Oh, why?" Bianca then yells, "You just wait until the next time!"

Hugh, Stephan, and Virgil also advance to the next round, though Nate, Rosa, and Bianca decide to stay and watch our battles. Then we all manage to defeat our opponents until we are at the top 16, I find that I'm going to face Stephan.