"None of your business" I cut her off, not wanting to know the rest of the question.

"No need to get so defensive" she laughed. "Good for you for getting some action"

"Okay, thanks Mei" I shook my head, feeling close to mortified. "Let's get to class" I added, changing the topic of the conversation.

Our first class of the year was creative writing, which I was really excited to do. I enjoyed learning history and theory about literature, but I was happy to finally do something that required my own word in it.

Me and Mei sat in the same row of seats we'd always sit in in every classroom we were in, and once we settled down I suddenly had a feeling of gratitude, being reminded of how lucky I was to actually be there, doing what I'd dreamed of doing for years.

My thoughts were interrupted once I saw the professor enter the room, and I immediately recognized him. He was the professor whose office was in front of Sam's one, and who'd told me he could tell what was going on between us during one of my last days the previous year.

"You okay El? You look like when we had our first class with Collins last year" Mei said.

"What? You remember that?"

"I could never forget. I thought you were seriously ill or something. Turns out you were just extremely attracted to her"

"I wasn't- Okay, I was, but- Whatever. I'm okay though, it's just that...the professor's office is in front of Sam's"

"Oh, shit. Did he see you coming out of her office looking like you'd just had sex?"

"Mei!" I groaned. "He didn't see me today, I think at least. But during our last week back in June he told me something like he knew what was going on with me and Sam"

"What? Oh my god. But like, he doesn't have any evidence, right?"

"No...I guess not. He just saw me walking in and out of her office a lot, which doesn't prove much"

"Exactly, he doesn't have proof. I wouldn't stress about it, El"

"Yeah, he really doesn't. He probably doesn't even recognize me" I said, trying to convince myself more than anyone else.

Luckily, his class was actually interesting and he was good at capturing people's attention, which made me forget about all of that for the following two hours.

But as soon as me and Mei walked out of the room, I noticed he looked at me with an expression similar to both a smirk and disapproval. Which was weird. Very weird. Although, Mei reassured me that he didn't even look at me multiple times, during the next four hours of class that day, so maybe it was really just all in my head.

Regardless of it all, I wanted to be cautious for that one day and skip going to Sam's office after I was done with classes.

you: hi babe, i'm not gonna be stopping by your office today, see you at home later?

sam<3: Sure. You alright?

you: yeah, i'll explain later. love you

sam<3: Love you too baby

It still felt kind of surreal that I could just get into the apartment with my own set of keys and see all my stuff inside it. But it was actually my new home. I had to keep reminding myself I actually was living with Sam.

I really didn't mean to scare Sam when I told her I wouldn't be stopping by, I honestly didn't even think she'd got worried. But once she got home she looked much more distraught than I wanted her to be.