Chapter 16: Fears

Nina snuggled into Kion's fur, as she tried to be comforted. Kion smiled as he looked down at the tiny cub, "Don't worry, you'll be okay."

Suddenly, he heard wings flapping and he looked up to a random bird flying up to him, urgency in it's eyes.

"Kion!" The bird shouted.

"Yes."

"It's Rani. She's coming after you!"

Kion's eyes widened, "Thanks for the warning."

The bird nodded amd flew off.

Kion looked down at the tiny cub in his arms, "Nina, we have to go."

"But I'm still mourning my mommy," She whined.

"I know, but we can mourn her loss later. Right now, we have to get to safety."

Nina nodded, sadly.

"Here, lay on my back and sleep," Kion knelt down and let her climb onto his back.

Nina purred, "Thanks, Uncle Kion."

"Oh I'm not...actually, nevermind," Kion gave her a warm smile and started walking.

Rani's hatred for males is quite inspiring, Kion chuckled to himself. But I'll need backup if I'm going to fight Rani. She's a fucking psycho and there's no way I can beat that on my own, even with the Roar.

His eyes widened as a devious smirk spread across his face, Maybe, I can scare her into stopping.

***

Rani snarled and grabbed the bird's throat, "You told him!"

"T-Told who what?" The bird choked.

"You told Kion I was coming!" Rani hissed.

"N-No I didn't."

She tightened her grip on his neck, "Don't lie to me. You know how much I hate liars."

Thr bird choked and tried to make her let go, but she wouldn't. It tried to scream as it's airway was now blocked, but Rani kept her grip on it's neck.

The bird gasped and choked, then died.

Rani growled and stormed off into the direction of Kion.

A while later, she finally found him.

Rani sniffed the ground, "His scent is fresh." She said to herself, outloud. She followed his trail, but quickly stopped in her tracks. She had found Kion. He was at the front with hundreds of male lions behind him.

"H-How are this many left..." Rani whispered.

Kion snarled and stepped forward, "Rani! We've had enough of your childish behavior. It's time to move on. We understand that you've had your heart broken, but you can't do all of this in retaliation to that."

Rani couldn't even hear him. She was staring at the amount of males here. So many that could take advantage of her, so many that could hurt her, so many that could break another lioness's heart. How could this be? How could there still be so many!

Kion gave a warm smile, "Underneath all that darkness and hate, I just see a lioness who is hurting and wants to be loved, but is afraid to be broken again."

Rani perked her ears to hear what he was saying, "Yes...t-that's true."

"But you can't find someone to fix your heart if you just keep acting like this," Kion explained.

Rani stayed silent, but listened intently.

"We will all be willing to give you a second chance, if you're willing to give us a second chance as well," Kion smiled at her.

Rani let a purr escape her muzzle. She took a moment, wanting to find the perfect way to answer. As she looked at the group of male lions again, she realized something was off. Like her sight was glitching. One lion went from smiling sweetly, to a devilish smirk, right back to a smile. One after another, they kept glitching and flashing right in front of Rani's eye's. She shook her head, but they still kept doing it.

"Rani?" Kion asked.

Rani's eye's were frantic as she looked over at Kion. He held an evil grin.

"Rani are you okay?" Kion asked.

"S-Stay away from me!" Rani screamed as she backed away from the monster.

Kion cocked his head, "What?"

Rani screamed and grabbed her head.

A lion walked up to Kion, "She isn't willing to listen. Let's just kill her now."

Kion looked down at Rani, and nodded. Slowly, the male lions slowly made a circle around her, blocking her escape. Rani noticed though, and her head shot up.

"No...no...no...nonononono!" She screamed. "Stop getting so close!"

They didn't stop.

One lion slashed his claws across her face. Rani quickly snapped out of her weakened state and gave him a death glare, "How fucking dare you!" She quickly dug her claws deeply into her eyes and dug them down his face to his chest then his stomach, watching as blood poured out of him and splashed onto the ground in a puddle. He collapsed and slowly died.

Another lion tried to attack Rani from behind, but she swiftly turned around and snapped his neck.

"Go to hell you bitch!" A lion roared as he attacked her.

"Shut up you cocksucking motherfucker!" Rani snarled as she slammed him into the ground and dug his head in until he died of a concusion.

Kion was shocked by her words, "That's not very polite to say."

Rani turned around to face him, "I stopped being polite a long time ago."

Kion chuckled, "I can see that."

Rani roared in anger and attacked him, but she was thrown to the ground. Rani groaned in pain as she had hit her head on a rock. Blood dribbled down from her skull, but she was okay.

Rani looked around and realized she was way too outnumbered.

"I'll be back. You can count on that!" She quickly ran off.

After a minute, the males cheered, "We scared her off!"

Kion smiled, "I knew it would work."

***

Rani moved the Boulder to show a cave full of lions stuffed together.

Rani giggled maniacally, "C'mon everyone, let's go on a death march."