Chapter 4: Skinned

"Kion, what happened!" Fuli shouted as she noticed he was limping.

"Rani ripped out my claw," Kion growled.

"Why would she do that?" Beshte asked.

"She said I'm a disgusting creature," Kion shrugged and limped inside the den.

"You can't lay around all day. Nirmala has to heal you, remember?" Ono said.

"Oh right. I'll find her," Kion walked off.

***

Rani finally got out of the lake when Ullu came flying up to her, "Rani! Rani!"

"What."

"There's  a lion at the pass!"

"Ugh! Why can't anything go my way!" Rani dashed off.

When she arrived there was a male lion there. He looked innocent, but Rani didn't believe it for a second.

He walked up to her and smiled, "Hi, I was wondering if I could seek refuge here?"

Rani gave him a fake smile, "Of course! This way." She led him inside the tree.

Kion got out of my grasp, so I couldn't skin him, but maybe I could try it with this one, Rani smirked.

"This is a wonderful kingdom!" The Lion said.

Rani rolled her eyes, "Thanks."

They walked into the tree.

"Hey, have you ever been knocked out before?" Rani asked.

"No, wh-" Rani hit the back of his head and he went down.

Rani wrapped vines around his front paws and hung him up. She slowly got to work.

Rani dug her claw slowly into his fur going to the skin. Once she reached it, she cut down. Rani didn't want to make too much of a mess, so she was careful.

Rani cut off his chest fur and skin then got to his stomach. Blood was slowly dripping down his body onto the ground, making a puddle under him.

Rani slowly cut off the fur and skin of his legs. She went up to his face, skinning that as well, but she missed and cut out his eyeball. She watched as it rolled across the ground, "Fuck."

Rani was more careful now.

When she finished, she stepped back and smirked. All that was left of the lion was his tissue and hypodermis.

Rani had to admit, he was freaky looking, but she found it super entertaining.

After a few minutes, he woke up. Rani smiled, "Well good morning!"

It appeared he couldn't feel any pain. The poppy seeds must still be taking affect.

He finally looked down and his eye widened, "What the hell did you do!"

"I'm doing an experiment. I want to see how long it takes you to die with no fur or skin. My first victim got away from me, but I really wanted to try this. You're the lucky one," Rani giggled.

He groaned in agony as the pain was finally getting to him.

"You shouldn't feel too much pain. Male lions are infected. A little bacteria in your system and tissue shouldn't hurt that bad," Rani smirked and tilted her head to get a better look at the skinned lion.

"You're a psycho," He snarled.

"Aw thank you!" Rani purred. "I'll leave you and come back soon. I have to wash your disgusting germs off my paws. Toodles!" Rani skipped off. Another experiment was successful.

She was washing her paws in the lake when she spotted Kion and Nirmala walking toward her. Rani snarled and turned around. Kion seemed shocked, but kept his cool.

"You haven't done anything terrible today, have you, Rani?" Nirmala asked.

"Why ever would you think that?" Rani replied innocently but with a devious grin on her face.

Nirmala looked at Rani expectantly and shrugged, "Kion, today you will be at this lake. It's called the Lake Of Reflection."

"I'm confused," Kion replied, looking at himself in the lake.

"You don't appear to be. You're doing exactly what you have to," Nirmala smiled.

"Uh?" Kion looked at her, confused.

"Reflect on your actions. Look inside yourself, and figure out what you have yet to do," Nirmala walked off and Rani followed her.

Rani quickly jumped in a bush and watched Kion as he was staring at himself. He seemed bored. Rani smirked. She would change that.

Rani slowly walked up from behind and jumped on his back, holding his head under water.

Kion was shocked at first but quickly fought back, thrashing around in the water as Rani held him down firmly.

Kion held his breath, but he couldn't hold it much longer.

Rani growled, "I'll get rid of you!"

Kion quickly turned his head around and bit Rani's shoulder, pulling her off him and throwing her into the water. Rani gasped and quickly swam to the surface. Kion walked away from the water, but never took his gaze off Rani.

Rani glared at him and slowly walked out of the water.

"Stay back!" Kion growled. Rani stopped and smirked.

Kion didn't like that look on her face. She roared and lunged at him, but Kion ducked and she flew over him, landing hard on her head. Rani went still.

Kion stared at her in shock and slowly walked up to her. He gently nudged her shoulder with his paw, but she didn't move.

Kion stood there for a few more seconds, when suddenly his paw was grabbed and he was thrown to the ground.

Rani stood over him, "I won't let you live in my kingdom!"

"I thought you were dead!" Kion shouted.

Rani chuckled, "You're too gullible, it's almost cute."

Kion threw her off him.

Rani growled and was about to go after him him she heard someone scream, "Rani! What did you do!"