57.

Bonnie's POV

"Landon..."

I gently reached across the table holding his trembling hand.

"Can we just work? Can we just please get our project done?" He asked sharply.

Maybe I was stepping a little too far into his business.

Not even a maybe. I definitely was.

I lightly squeezed his hand. "Landon if you-"

"Just drop it alright." I felt a light sting in my heart but I took my hand away, awkwardly scratching it.

"Yeah no we can...sorry I didn't mean to overstep your boundaries".

He nodded his head at me "I would just like to finish our project before it gets late marks".

I nodded my head at him, as awkward tension filled between us as we tried to work on our project.

Even though you're supposed to be quiet in a library me and Landon were too quiet.

I mean we're partners, we're supposed to be talking and communicating for our project.

But now we were just doing our own thing...and I probably had a ton of wrong calculations.

I heard him clear his throat making me look up at him.

"Bonnie I'm not mad." I put my pencil down giving him my full attention "But you seem mad". He shook his head no.

"I overstepped your boundaries" he waved me off "Bonnie you didn't do anything but ask me a question".

Well yeah, a question that you were so defensive about.

"If you think I'm mad at you because I yelled at you that's not true" I felt his hand reach over and touch mine.

I felt my heart pick up feeling flustered. "I promise you Bonnie I'm not mad".

He pulled my hand up and placed his soft lips on it, kissing it.

I felt my heart quicken even more as if I were jogging around the world.

"Now" he let go of my hand "Stop worrying. You're too pretty to be doing all of that".

I harshly stood up from my chair "Bathroom! I gotta go to the bathroom!" He awkwardly nodded his head at me as I stormed out.

My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

I harshly shoved the bathroom door open seeing Alexis and Zara at the sink.

"Everything okay girly?" Asked Alexis. I walked up to her grabbing onto her shoulders and shaking her.

"I think I like Landon!!!"

She pulled my hands off of her looking at me shocked and gasped.

...
..
.

"That's how I would react if you didn't make it obvious Bonnie" I looked at her taken aback.

"Oh don't look at me like that!! Everyone and their momma knew you liked that little white boy".

I looked at Zara for backup, she shrugged her shoulders at me "It's true Bonnie. You're not well at hiding it".

I looked back and forth at both of them.

"How!??!?!"

They both scoffed at me at the same time. "Bonnie remind you. You're always around him 24/7" said Zara.

"And!! You get super jealous when that Izzy girl is near him" said Alexis.

"AND!! YOU TOLD ME HOW YOU TWO ALMOST KISSED THIS MORNING!!!" Yelled Zara

"WHAT!?" Alexis looked at me shocked "Okay NOW I'm shocked because girl you did NOT tell me this!!" She said putting her hands on her hips.

I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck. "Surprise?" I nervously said.

"Surprise!? Why don't I give you a surprise ass whooping you've been too grown lately!!" She jokingly rolled up her sleeves walking over to me as Zara quickly cut in front of her.

"Let's just all relax!" Yelled Zara

We sighed taking a deep breath.

"Okay, so you like him. Now what?" Asked Zara. I shrugged my shoulders at her.

"What is there to do?" I asked, Alexis lightly hit my shoulder.

"Go for him bitch!!" I rubbed my shoulder "He's stated dating isn't his thing".

"Make it his thing. He won't be able to resist you". Said Alexis 

"Yeah. You are a sexy delicious chocolate bar" joked Zara. I made a cringe face hitting her.

"NEVER say that again!!"

Our laughter erupted in the bathroom as lunch ended.

I walked out walking back to the library thinking.

I really like Landon.