🔸17

The sound of ambulances along with the police car sirens echoed in the surroundings, everything was a mess.
A huge crowd of people was surrounding that abounded building that was looking peaceful from the outside just minutes ago.

"What happened here?"asked a boy who had just stopped his car noticing his surroundings.

"Nobody knows.."the man standing outside near the building, replied shaking his head.

Everything happened in a span of just few seconds that nobody was able to understand anything.
That abounded building that had been left untouched by it's owner since decades suddenly came back to life but took the lives of those inside or atleast that's what the neighborhood thought when they heard the sounds of gunshots, echoing in the deserted building.
At first nobody went near the building but after few minutes some people, with still some humanity left in their hearts, rushed inside only to see blood everywhere.
The metallic smell of blood hit their nostrils and that's when they realized the need of the hour and contacted the authorities immediately.

------

"Stop blaming yourself it's not your fault."

"How can I? She came there for me, for us."he cried.

"Calm down, she'll be fine."

"If anything happened to her, I won't be able to forgive myself my whole life."beads of tears streamed down his cheeks.

The older patted the younger's back trying to comfort him, knowing damn well nothing would work at that moment.

Seconds turned into minutes, minute into hours but there was no sign of anyone leaving the operation theater. They were getting impatient every passing second, all of them were trying to comfort him but he was too devastated to process anything.
He was just roaming around the corridor with his eyes stuck on the entrance of that particular door in where her lifeless body was lying.

When the chaos inside him was still going on; a faint sound of someone exiting that particular door, made him come back to his senses.
He rushed in the direction of the surgeon who had just came out, followed by the others.

"How's she?"he questioned with a hint of urgency in his voice.

The physician remained silent for the few seconds which made them more  curious and impatient then they already were.
"Speak up."he shouted this time.

"Sir, we're sorry but..."

"But what?"
He didn't want to hear what his inner self was telling him...

Short af chapter cuz I love playing with y'all's emotions:D

Anyways, what do you think, happy ending or sad ending??