-12-

Noriko had been kept happily distracted from her sister's muzzled and pained condition with pre-quirk movies and snacks, along with cuddles from Rumi and Hizashi, a few head pats from Shouta thrown in for good measure.

She was smiling and laughing by the time that Mizuki actually managed to wake up.

Mizuki tried to sit up, but immediately a migraine hit her rather hard and she gave a startled whimper of pain, grasping the sides of her head and shutting her eyes tightly, biting down on the wood still in her mouth accidentally which just caused more pain.

Nezu was quick to react to this sudden display, moving himself to be hugging her and trying his best to take her hands away from her head and stop her from biting down.

"Hey hey, little mouse, shhh.. hey.." Nezu placed his paws on her hands, causing enough temporary shock to get her to loosen her grip on her head, just enough time to pull her hands away and get her to open her eyes.

She blinked in shock- making a startled noise at the fact that Nezu, the chimera who she idolized for his intelligence and battle strategy, was the one sitting here trying to comfort her. Mizuki clearly wanted to say something but that damn muzzle and the piece of wood inside made it impossible.

And then an even more startled look crossed her face as she quickly ignored the pain she was in to whip her head around, stopping when she found Noriko staring at her in panic and shock from her place snuggled up between Hizashi and Rumi.

Mizuki clearly wanted to say something but just couldn't, which made all of the adults in the room have a moment of heartbreak. Her eyes almost begged to tell Noriko she was okay.

"..I believe miss Mizuki wants to assure you of her health and safety and that you do not need to be frightened for her." Nezu voiced the look in her eyes, which earned him a noise of thankfulness from Mizuki.

Noriko still seemed panicked and saddened by her sisters state, but gave in with a nod and cuddled up closer to Rumi's side.

A phone call interrupted everyone and Chiyo answered it.

\On the Phone\

"Hello officer! Have you found those pesky keys?" Chiyo asked politely.

"We have... b-but it's been... burned. It's melted. There's no way to salvage it." The officer admitted in defeat.

"..oh dear.." Chiyo sighed.

\Off the Phone\

"..The key is unable to be salvaged.. that muzzle is stuck there until we can find a way to get it off." Chiyo sighed, gently grabbing Mizuki's face and running her hand on the overly tight straps, causing a soft whimper of pain from Mizuki. "I'm so sorry dear.. I'm looking for weak points that we can use to get this horrid contraption off of you.."

"Fire." Noriko said softly.

"W-what?" Hizashi looked over at Noriko like she was crazy.

"The only way to get it off is fire. They meld it onto to her face. They buy muzzles and take them mostly apart and then use my mom's quirk to meld them on, and my dad tightens them as far as they can go. The only way to undo those straps and the only thing they aren't resistant to is fire. I heard mom and dad talking about it once after Mizuki was muzzled for talking and showing her teeth." Noriko explained, looking at Mizuki with sympathy.

"God you're parents are horrible little ones." Nezu sighed, addressing them both.

Both girls gave a curt nod.

"Zuki, I know it's gonna hurt but can you come sit in front of me? I know you don't usually let me get it off because they just put a new one on but they are gonna anymore. The pros promised to protect us." Noriko asked Mizuki, and Mizuki, after a moment of hesitation, nodded, limping away from Nezu and sitting on the ground in front of where Noriko was.

Noriko looked at the muzzle before finding a sharp edge and using it to cut open her finger.