A jaw-dropping secret

DYLAN'S POV

I entered Doris' room with a plate of food in my hand which I had gotten on my way to her apartment but she was crying which made me feel very sorry for her as the sight I had seen also made me tremble. I rushed over to her and hugged her tightening my grip on her lower back "I am sorry for the loss, I know your friends cannot come back but I will be here for you, I promise" I said into her ears but she pushed me violently down from the bed which made me think about where she got that power from.

"You cannot understand" she shouted then she got off the bed "No one can replace Sarah's place in my heart absolutely no one. Sarah has been my friend since childhood, I promised her a lot of things including when her parents were on the hospital bed when they were about to die, I should have died and not Sarah. I couldn't fulfill or do anything for her, and if not for that idiot Thomas who was ungrateful, all this wouldn't have happened in the first place. I hate and I will kill him" She walked towards the door so she could get out of the room and probably out of the house which made me wonder if she was going to kill Thomas or not. I rushed over quickly to her and blocked the door with my back.

"I will not let you go out, if you kill someone and people find out and the police get to know about it, you will be jailed forever, I mean forever," I said as I stared into her teary eyes which made me feel a sense of guilt knowing someone from my clan had done it. She gripped my shirt suddenly "Don't you dare mess with me again in your life or you will be the one to pay for all that's happened. So it will be better for you to get out of my house and never come back here ever in your lifetime." she gave me a stern warning. I managed to get off her grip and pulled her to her bed where I pinned her down beneath me.

"You cannot go over making mistakes everywhere, as from now you do as I say and not as you please," I commanded.

"And who are you to tell me what to do and not what to do, tell me! Let me give you a last warning now, get out of my life or I will make your life miserable...." I cut her mid short of her sentence

"I don't care if my life is cut short or becomes miserable as I care a lot about you," I mumbled staring into her cute eyes. Doris stared back at me in the same manner and she gave a smile then something I had not expected happened next as she pushed me off again off guard.

"Oh!" she exclaimed "You're the next one right? You have been sent here to deceive me again but that will not happen this time because I will not let anyone mess with me anymore, I am so angry right now that I can kill you," she said as she walked to the table by her right and began to scatter everything. I left her alone probably she would feel better when she is weak and done frustrating her anger.

How could someone be so angry with a friend's death? I can't blame her because anger is still boiling inside me and I know how it feels to lose a loved one.

She continued to scatter everything and made noise everywhere I had no choice but to watch her. I moved closer to Doris maybe she could stop but no....... I was the one who was stopped and shocked by what she did.

Still, in the state of her anger, she carried the fish tank on the table sensing the danger ahead but before I could stop her she smashed it on the floor which splashed everywhere and on my body. The water in it was sea water which shouldn't touch me!!!......... I paused to look at her face as I opened my mouth wide, what shouldn't have happened has happened. I looked at her and decided to run out then my legs failed me as I fell to the ground and came to my merman form.

I turned back and looked at Doris who was covering her mouth with her hand and was breathing heavily. "A....a.... a .mer....mer....a merman!" she finally exclaimed while I stared at her non-stop. I crawled backward from the splashed water so I could use my powers to generate heat to get back to my human form. I slowly take back to my human form after generating a lot of heat to acquire it.