Date

"Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be

"Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be."

- Carrie Fisher

On the flight back, Emily sits next to Derek while JJ takes a seat next to Reid. They've both decided on telling them now, ripping the bandage off as soon as possible. Not even making eye contact with the blonde to hide suspicion, Prentiss breaks the news to Morgan. Letting out a big sigh, she turns to look at Derek.

"We broke it off, whatever it was. I told her I couldn't do it anymore, knowing she's cheating on Will." Emily tells Morgan, looking him in the eyes and keeping her voice low. A relieved expression takes over his face. "I'm glad you did, really glad. Thanks for telling me kid, it's kinda been bothering me for the past few days." Prentiss nods, slightly smiling while Derek puts his headphones back on to lay back. Even though she hated being referred to as 'kid' by Morgan, she lets him call her that just for this once. Derek's inner misogyny tends to shine through sometimes, him not expecting much from Prentiss. Even Hotch had underestimated her when she first joined, but JJ had a talk with the both of them, and pretty quickly after they started treating Emily like she was one of them. 

Not even so much as sharing a glance, the two women continue their flight. The second they land, they both simultaniously walk over to their cars. Emily notices none of their co-workers are there yet, and decides to quickly walk over to JJ. She is met with a smiling Jennifer, eager to kiss the raven haired woman. Sharing a quick kiss, the women both return to their own cars, driving home.

Emily leaves with a safe, reassuring feeling. Butterflies in her stomach as she steps into her almost empty apartment. Sergio immediately runs up to her, showering her with affection. Prentiss' night couldn't be more perfect, all she misses is the woman she wants next to her.

 JJ also leaves with a good feeling. Putting on Taylor Swift's Love Story, she sings along all the way home. She feels amazing, until she steps foot inside her house. "Hey babe." A voice calls from the living room. Jennifer walks towards the sound to see her husband sitting in his chair, smiling at her. Forcing a guilty smile back she asks; "Why are you still up?"

"I wanted to wait to see my beautiful wife." He smiles, his face filled with pride. "Something exciting happen?" JJ asks, too tired to form normal sentences. "Maybe..." He smirks. The blonde still has no idea what this could possibly be about. "Tell me!" She says, now eager to hear the answer.

"Well, check the date." JJ frowns, but grabs her phone and does as he tells her to. "The seventeenth? Did I miss an anniversary?" Jennifer's eyes widen, a rush of guilt entering her body. "Baby no, don't worry. Think about it though, your cycle is... off." He says, trying to hide his excitement. The two haven't been specifically trying, but sometimes stopped using protection to stop going against it.

"I'm over a week late.." JJ says, resting her hand on her forehead as she skips through all the posibilities. "I have been dizzy recently, and my ankles have been swelling up. Remember how I couldn't fit into those boots the other day? Fuck, I'm pregnant aren't I?" She says, adding everything up. 

Will stands up, resting his hands on her waist. "It's possible. Aren't you happy?" He asks, pressing a kiss on her forehead. "Yeah, yeah. Just surprised that's all." She says, finally smiling. She's going to be a mother. Everything finally sinking in, she kisses Will deeply, happy to finally start a family. Everything else fades away, it's just them left on the planet.

---

After immediately taking a test the next morning, the two wait in patience for the results to show up. Holding her hand, Will stares at the test in excitement. "You know we can handle this, right babe? We've got nothing to worry about. I'll be there with you through the entire pregnancy."

Now in tears, JJ squeezes Will's hand. "I don't know why I'm so nervous, I love you." She lies. But she does now why she's so nervous. If this is real, and the test comes back positive, what will she do about Emily? The woman she truly loves shouldn't suffer from this. This pregnancy will forever tie her to Will though, divorcing him now would be an awful choice. She can't do this on her own.

"It's been three minutes." Will speaks up after a while. He takes his leftover hand to reach for the test, but looks at JJ one last time before flipping it. "You ready?" He asks, and when Jennifer gives a small nod, he flips the test. 

Positive.

Tears of joy start overtaking JJ's face as she hugs her husband. Stroking her hair, Will's eyes are now also welling up as the happy couple hold each other.

"We're really going to do this." Will keeps on repeating, a huge smile plastered on his face as he does. "We really are." Jennifer reassures him, with the biggest smile on her face Will has seen in months.

Holding Will's face in both her hands, she kisses him deeply. "I'm so happy to be doing this with you." She says, and she means it. She can't imagine herself ever feeling happier than she feels right now.

---

Showing up to work the next morning, JJ is still overwhelmed by the news, and walks in with a smile on her face. As Emily notices her entrance and sudden happy mood, she finds herself smiling. It feels good to see JJ happy. To avoid suspicion, she quickly looks back at her work.

Jennifer walks up to Spencer to tell him the great news. "Hey Spence, can I borrow you for a sec?" She asks, still grinning. The man quickly looks up at his friend, smiling as he does. "Yeah ofcourse, what is it?" Reid asks.

"I'm pregnant.." The blonde reveals, waiting to capture her best friend's reaction. Full of excitment, the brunette jumps up from his chair and hugs his friend. "No way! That's so great Jayge I'm so happy for you!" He says, sounding genuine. 

Catching up on the vibe, Penelope and Derek have quickly gathered around the duo. "What's all the fuss about?" Morgan asks, frowning his eyebrows while smirking. "Yeah sweets, tell us!" Garcia says, eager to hear what made the two so excited this early on a boring paperwork day. 

"I'm pregnant." JJ turns around, now smiling at her two other friends. Penelope is quick to give her a hug, and the crowd around Jennifer quickly grows. Hotch and Anderson have joined, and Emily also steps up from her chair, making sure she doesn't stand out.

"She's pregnant!" Penelope squeels. Everyone takes turns to hug JJ, but Emily freezes. She stands there, wide eyed. Nobody notices, but tears are welling up. When it's her turn, she hugs JJ while whispering in her ear. "Congrats Jayge." Making JJ's guilt feeling trip up. 

Finally stepping down from cloud 9, JJ feels her eyes burn. 

Words: 1225

                   Love triangle is starting to heat up.... Does JJ actually love Will?!?!?!?!?!??                          I guess we'll find out......