Diner

"If I had a flower for everytime I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever

"If I had a flower for everytime I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever."

- Alfred Tennyson

"So?" Prentiss has been doing paperwork for the past hour, watching the clock tick, until Morgan walks up to her. "What?" The woman looks up from her files. "How did it go with JJ?" He says, lowering his voice.

"Well something happened yesterday, something that made me want to stay. I've been feeling terrible about it, but I can't shut it out." She says, now clearly frustrated. "I want to tell you, but we have to go somewhere quiet, how about your office?" Derek nods and walks over to his office, Prentiss following him.

As soon as Morgan closes the door behind him, he faces Emily again. "Start from the beginning, and please don't stress yourself. I won't judge you, ever." The man comforts her.

"Okay, you're right. So, yesterday I told JJ why I initially left." Derek eyes widen, realizing that she must have admitted her feelings, but he keeps quiet, so his friend can calmly continue. 

"Instead of having a real reaction, she sighed and admitted that she had had feelings for me all along, but that she loves Will. When she got abducted, she saw me. Barely consious, her mind went to me, not Will. That means something right? And then this morning when I showed up and made her spill that tray, she kept telling me she didn't know if she could handle working with me. I told her that I am my own person, and that I am not willing to leave everything behind for her again." Emily spills, letting it all out. "We made plans for coffee, we're going to try to be friends."

Derek thinks for a second before answering. "I never knew that JJ-" He pauzes. You made the right choice by standing your ground, she can't make you leave. I don't know if the friends part is a good idea though if I'm being honest." He says, sharing his opinion on the situation.

"How come?" Emily frowns, thinking she had made the right choice by deciding to become friends. "If you both have feelings for each other, they will come out eventually." Emily bites her lip while hearing those words. "The thing is, I felt hope after she told me I was the one she thought about while being abducted. God I'm a horrible person." She sighs, the first tear making it's way down her cheek.

"Don't say that." Morgan says, stepping closer to pull the raven haired woman into an embrace. "Please don't let it go to far, stop if anything oversteps boundaries. You don't want to ruin her marriage, do you?" Morgan asks, and he can tell Emily has to think about it for a second.

"I want her to see how much more I'd be able to give her. But no, I won't commit adultery if that's what you're worried about." She says, kind of chuckling at the thought of that. Derek shakes his head, smiling. "I wasn't suggesting anything." He puts his hands up, stepping back. 

"I'm proud of you Em, every single day. Don't let these feelings for her overtake you." Morgan says before escorting the woman out of her office. "Thank you Derek." She gives him a soft smile before walking back over to her desk.