Avoidance

"It had seemed as inevitable as sunset

"It had seemed as inevitable as sunset. Instead it was the beauty of the sun glinting upon the scythe."

- Suzanne Finnamore

Eight full years, 2.922 days, 70.118 hours and 4.207.080 minutes. That's how long Emily Prentiss has waited for this exact moment. Getting swept in by JJ's soft lips, she nervously places a hand on the blonde's waist.

Emily has made out with countless girls before, but this is different. With this girl, she isn't the same confident Emily she thrives to be when entering bars or clubs. That's because with this particular girl, there's actually something on the line. Something to lose.

Opening her eyes, Emily takes back her confidence and lays her other hand on JJ's cheek. She kisses the blonde even more passionately. Jennifer starts tugging Emily's shirt as they're interrupted by a knock on the door.

JJ quickly walks over to the door, opening it. "We were going to get some dinner and thought you two might want to join, you up for it?" Morgan. Emily whispers underneath her breath as she rolls her eyes. Walking over to the door, she is met with Jennifer's glaring eyes. "Well yeah, I'm up for it." Prentiss quickly lets out. JJ lets out a relieved smile, although Emily isn't quite sure why.

---

"So, met anyone interesting during your time in London?" Derek asks with curious eyes. "Well to be honest, I wasn't very focused on that." Emily chuckles, but her friends can tell she's lying. "Emily you tightened your lips before saying that, indicating you DID meet someone." Spencer rambles. Prentiss drops her shoulders in defeat, not willing to face JJ. 

"There was one girl..." Emily spills, immediately seeing the expression on her friends' faces change. Spencer's face seems slightly shocked, not being aware that his friend is gay. Derek smirks at her, gesturing for her to continue. "It was a fling, but she and I had a lot of chemistry." Emily says, blushing while thinking about it. For a minute, she forgot who was sitting next to her.

"Had? Did you two break up?" JJ says, finally speaking up. "Well uh no, we still call and stuff and she might fly over sometime soon." Emily tells, suddenly feeling guilty. "So that means we're all in happy relationships now, right?" Spencer asks. "Maeve and me, Derek and Savannah, JJ and Will and now you and-" Reid pauses, not knowing her name. "Elle." 

The second she says this, everyones gaze shifts. "What?" Emily asks, looking at her friends in confusion. "Uhm, what's her last name?" JJ asks, still feeling awkward talking about this. "Greenaway, we met on the job. Why is that relevant?" Emily chuckles, also feeling awkward.

Derek's eyebrows raise, clearly impressed. "Damn, you scored." He smirks, imagining the two together. Both Spencer and Jennifer have mixed emotions spread across their faces. "Did you guys know her?" Emily asks, still confused.

"Elle was the person you replaced." Reid says, already feeling a lump forming in his throat. He hasn't thought about her for a long time. The way she left never sat right with him. Besides, Elle and Spencer were inseperable. JJ bites her lip, also thinking back to her past with Elle. She had the biggest crush on her, but never confessed her feelings. It was a time of her life in which she wasn't sure about who to trust. Emily changed that for her, but she somehow made the same mistake with her.