When Love And Death Embrace

Start from the beginning

The Cullens stood in the square all still and a little nervous. They waited. "Red coats are coming, Red coats are coming." A large crowd of Volturi's approached the Cullens, everyone was quiet and watched then they stopped. Everyone lowered their hoods.

"Aro is looking for Madilyn and Alice." Edward spoke and Bella took his hand.

Alec's eyes went to each one looking his mate but he didn't see Madilyn. Jane stepped closer to him and nodded to her brother whose face looked little sad and hurt. The wolves came along and walked over to the Cullens and the others. Carlisle stepped forward and walked into everyone's view.

"Aro. Let's discuss things like in the old days. Civilized." Carlisle said looking at Aro on the opposite side.

"Beautiful words, Carlisle. But they are no match for the army you have assembled." Aro said looking at Carlisle and his army.

"I promise you this was not my intention. No law has been broken." Carlisle replied.

"We see the child. Don't treat us like fools." Caius said.

"She's not immortal!" Carlisle exclaimed. Looking at everyone. "Look at her cheeks flush with human blood." Carlisle continued and Caius exclaimed impatiently. "Artifice."

Aro raised his hand to his brother. "I will find out the truth in every way. Edward." Aro held out his hand.

Edward started walking to Aro. Aro took Edward's hand and looked in wonder. "I'd like to meet her." He said and Edward looked behind him. Bella, Renesmee, Jacob and Emmet started walking towards the Volturi.

They stopped in front of Aro and the others. Aro's face got a big smile as he looked at Bella. "Young Bella...immortality wears you." He spoke. Aro looked at Renesmee and laughed. "I can hear her strange heart." He pointed.

Renesmee walked up to Aro and put her hand on his cheek. Aro looked in wonder at the sight that the girl showed him. Aro stood back up and looked at the girl.

"Half mortal and half immortal." He said turning to look at his army. "She was conceived and brought into the world... while this newborn was still human." Aro said looking at Bella and Edward.

"Impossible!" Caius said and Aro turned to look at his brother. "Do you think they've fooled me?" Aro asked eyeing Caius.

Caius asked to bring an informant and Irina was killed because she was wrong. Kate and her sister Tanya tried to attack but were blocked. It was quiet for a while until Cullens and others stepped a side.

Aro talked about humans and how the child is dangerous before he went silent and was too looking what others was looking for. Woman and man walking.

"Madilyn." Edward said in a whisper and small gasps were heard.

Madilyn walked past the Cullens and the others towards the Volturi.

"That's the witch!" Stefan and Vladimir said at the same time. Madilyn glanced at them and continued walking with Kol by her side. They stopped in the middle and Madilyn looked at Aro.

"Aaahh Madeleine." Aro said putting his hands together and looking with joy in his eyes at the young woman in front of him.

"Madilyn." Carlisle spoke from behind and Madilyn glanced quickly at him.

"Hey Aro." Madilyn spoke and she felt Alec's eyes on her but she focused on Aro.

Alec's eyes widened when he heard Dracula one and Dracula two say the 'witch' word and a hurt expression appeared on his face as he saw his mate step forward. He couldn't take his eyes off the beautiful Madilyn who had a blank expression on her face as she walked into the middle of the battlefield. Her beautiful blue eyes. Black brown hair that freely sways in waves when she walks. She was wearing a black leather jacket, a red top with black jeans and heels. He felt a sting in his heart and the same feeling when he saw his gorgeous mate for the first time. Alec glanced at the man walking beside her and he felt a surge of jealousy. Jane stepped up beside him and shook his hand. He didn't take his eyes off her for a moment.

Aro stepped forward but Caius stopped him. Aro looked at his brother and then at Madilyn. "Did you finally come to join us?" Aro spoke and Caius looked warily at the young witch.

"I came to make it clear." Madilyn spoke and looked around. "I didn't come to choose sides, if there is someone here who wants to challenge, they are free to do so now." Madilyn spoke and a voice came from behind.

"No Vladimir." A grin appeared on Madilyn's face.

"That's the witch who is Alec Volturi's mate." Alec stepped forward and Aro glanced at him.

Footsteps were heard and Vladimir started to attack Madilyn. "Madilyn don't!" Carlisle said but too late, Madilyn sped up and yanked the vampire's head off his body with her hand. Vladimir's head flew further and the body fell to the ground. Madilyn smiled a wicked smile like no one has seen before.

"Ooh I missed you two idiots." Kol said and collected the parts of Vladimir's body while glancing at Stefan who was staring with his mouth open.

"As you can see." Madilyn walked back to the center and snapped her fingers and Vladimir's body burst into flames. "I'm not a threat unless you make me one." She said looking at everyone.

"That kid is half human and half immortal. She's like me." Madilyn spoke and the next words shocked many. "I'm a witch who turned herself into a vampire, I have blue eyes, a small heartbeat and the blood that flows in my veins. I'm almost human anyway. And I'm not a danger to anyone unless you make me one." Madilyn said and there were surprised gasps and whispers.

Everyone was quiet and more footsteps approached. Jasper and Alice. Aro's thoughtful gaze rose and he looked at Alice who was approaching them.

"Dear Alice." Aro said and Madilyn and Kol walked closer to the Volturi. Almost a couple of meters away stood Alec who was staring at Madilyn passionately without taking his eyes off. Madilyn tried her best not to look at him.

"I can prove that the child is not a threat to us." Alice spoke and held out her hand. She glanced at Madilyn and nodded at her. Demetri let Alice go and she walked over to Aro and he immediately grabbed her hand. Aro's gaze became serious and he looked at Alice and then at Madilyn and glanced at the Cullens.

"What is happening?" Bella asked looking at her husband who was reading them thoughts.