Part 59 - Return

I don't know where I am. I've never been here before.
It was a house, there were a lot of windows but for some reason I couldn't see outside

I walked down the long hallways. It feels like I've been walking for hours, like it would never end. I saw rooms on the sides, I walked over to one and touched the handle.

The second my hand made contact with the metal handle, I felt a shock through my body. I quickly backed away.

"Echo?"
I called out
"Are you there?"

I got no response. Maybe I'm stuck in my mind again. I sat down on the cround, crossing my legs. I closed my eyes, focusing...

Zero POV

"What happened?"
The headmaster asked, walking into the room.

I stood there shocked.
"I don't know,"
I said, bending down to (Y/n)'s side.
"She couldn't kill him,"

"I suspected this would happen,"
Kaname said, walking into the room.

"What are you talking about?"
I asked, glaring up at Kaname.

"Much like me,"
Kaname started
"She couldn't kill him. We have different reasons, (Y/n) agreed for him to become her master. Even if she was pretending, the pureblood inside of her couldn't kill her master. "

I looked down at (Y/n).
She's still breathing. Maybe she just needs time.

I carried her to the headmaster's office. The Level-E stopped coming after Rido's death. The headmaster unlocked the door, indicating I should put her down on the couch until we can figure out what's wrong.

She was slightly shaking, her breathing was heavy. Evertime, she would move a crack appeared along the walls.

"How do we bring her back?"
Headmaster Cross asked

"Only (Y/n) can do that."
Kanane said
"She needs to let go,"

(Y/n) POV

I tried to focus and relax, but nothing worked. I kicked the door out of frustration. It slowly swung open, revealing a memory. This isn't my memory.

It was a girl being tied up against a pole.
"Pleass stop."
She pleaded

The pole became electrified. Her body jerked as the electricity radiated through her body.

She screamed, making me drop to my knees, covering my ears. My nose started to feel wet as a drop of blood fell to the floor. I quickly crawled out of the room and ran down the hallway.

"Who was that girl?"
I questioned myself while walking.

While looking for an end to this hallway, I walked into something. I looked up to see I was now in a glass cage.

"Ladies and Gentlemen"
A man said
"I present to you... The Echo"

Everyone stared at me. I looked around for an escape, but I couldn't see anything. I thought about trying to break the glass down, but they wouldn't put something of such power in a weak glass box

I sat down on the floor, covering my head in my knees. I tried to control my breathing, but having so many eyes on me at once was making me feel vulnerable.

Then, a memory or vision appeared in my head. It was Zero.
"You'll be ok,"
His voice echoed in my head
"I'll be right here waiting for you."

I heard glass start to crack. My head jerked up, I did that. I put my hand against the glass as my eyes reflected red I'm the glass.

The glass shattered around me allowing me to escape. When I made it out I was back in the hallway.

I started to run. I was getting sick and tired of this, I want to go home. In a few minutes I reached the end of the hallway. There was a glass door infront of the last door.

I opened the glass door to see myself in a glass room.
'My memories'
Echo's voice said

'Echo?'

'They're filled with suffering'

'Where are you?'
I ran through the glass Maze occasionally running into a reflection.

'(Y/n), if you can hear me... I'm sorry'

In a blink of an eye I jerked up off the couch I was sitting on. I looked around seeing everyone who helped me standing around me.

"(Y/n)?"
Zero asked, a tear falling from his eye.

"Why do you all look so stressed?"
I joked as Zero hugged me.

"Welcome back"
Kaname said with a light smile