Chapter 8: We almost get eaten alive by Cranks

Your P.O.V

I woke up a few hours later to the same nightmare. After about thirty minutes, we came to a stop in front of a dark tunnel. I was afraid there was something in there.

We all hopped out of the car to get a closer look. Newt, Frypan, and I were all gazing into the tunnel while Thomas was checking the map to make sure this was where we needed to go.

"I don't trust this place," I muttered.

"Well, the map says this is where we need to go," Thomas replied.

I glanced over at Newt with a worried look. "It'll be alright, love," He said, a reassuring smile on his face. I returned the same smile and sighed through my nose.

"You two would make a cute couple," Frypan said out of nowhere.

My eyes went wide and Newt's face immediately heated up. Thomas angrily glanced over at us. I turned to him and gave him a look that said, 'I don't know where that came from.'

"C'mon," Thomas said to get rid of the awkwardness, "let's go."

"I'll sit with Thomas," I told Newt. He looked disappointed, and I felt sorry for him for some strange reason. "Alright, I get shotgun," He said.

~*~

I found myself in the back seat, gripping Thomas's hand so hard our fingers turned white. I was anxiously tapping my foot on the floor of the car while glancing out the window, gazing at the dark walls of the dirty and wet tunnel, possibly filled with creatures that could kill us.

Newt turned on a flashlight and shined it upon the walls, showing that dirt and mud smeared everywhere. Frypan turned on the headlights and lit up the path, showing garbage and vacant cars everywhere.

Dim lights aligned in rows along the wall, giving us more light to see ahead.

The car came to a sudden stop. "Why'd we stop?" I asked.

I leaned forward and looked out the windshield to see a person standing in the light, probably forty feet ahead. Except, it wasn't a person. It was a Crank.

They were making gurgly croaking noises, and kept twitching inhumanly. The hair on the back of my neck stood up at the sight, and I gripped Thomas's hand even harder, if that was even possible.

Thomas glanced over at me, while Newt and Frypan worryingly glanced over at him.

"It's okay, it's just one. We'll be fine," he said. I nodded to try and convince myself it'd be okay.

I leaned into Thomas's shoulder and he wrapped his left arm around me. Newt rolled his window up.

It'll be okay, Y/N. I tried to convince myself. Thomas will protect you if anything tries to hurt you. I was able to convince myself, and sighed in relief. I turned to my left and gazed out the window, only to see a girl with yellow teeth, blonde hair, matted clothes, and a look of craziness in her eyes. She was a Crank.

I shrieked, and everyone turned to look at her. She creepily smiled, and tried to open the door by hitting the window and grabbing the door handle.

"Please," She said. "Help me."

Thomas cuddled me into his chest and stroked my hair. Another Crank came up to Thomas's window and started punching the glass, in which I let out another squeal. Soon, everywhere I turned, Cranks were surrounding us.

Thomas, Newt, and I started yelling for Frypan to go.

"Hold on!" He screamed.

A Crank hopped onto the front of the car and started punching the windshield, shattering a layer of glass. "Thomas," I worriedly whined.

"It's okay, it's okay, Y/N. We'll be fine," He muttered.

"Get it off, Fry!" I yelled.

"I'm trying!" He yelled back. He swerved the car left and right, trying to knock off the Crank. The Crank jumped to the side and started banging on Frypan's window.

"Hang on!" He said. Frypan drove up to a piece of garbage and smashed the Crank into it, knocking it off the car. Relief flooded my entire body, but adrenaline still pumped through my veins.

"You okay?" Thomas worriedly asked me. I nodded.

We turned our attention back to the road, when we saw a piece of debris in the road. Frypan tried to swerve out of the way, but he wasn't fast enough, and the car tumbled along the road and flipped over, leaving us hanging upside-down.

I smashed my head against the window before we flipped, and crimson ooze trickled down my sweating forehead.

We all coughed the dust from our throats and groaned in pain.

Thomas kicked one of the windows and crawled out of it. I reached my blood-smeared hand out and Thomas grabbed it, hauling me out of the truck.

Frypan and Newt climbed out themselves. Thomas cupped my face with both of his hands and noticed my bloody forehead, dirtying my hair.

"You okay?" I nodded. "You sure?" I nodded again. Thomas and I made it to the other side of the car, where Frypan and Newt were standing.

We all heard a shriek, and turned to see a Crank heading right for us. Thomas pushed me behind him in a protective way while Frypan searched the car for a gun; Newt's gun was empty.

The Crank got close, but Frypan found a shotgun and shot it. The Crank dropped to the floor. We were all stunned and examined the dead creature with heavy breaths, until we heard more shrieking and screaming.

More Cranks were coming.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it