Chapter 1: Thomas and I date again

Three months before TDC...

It'd been three months. Three months since I'd escaped the Maze. Three months since I'd broken up with Thomas. Three months since The Right Arm was destroyed. Three months since we'd found new land.

After the events of Teresa betraying everyone and Minho getting taken away, we'd tried to move on. Vince led us forward and helped us to recover from our losses. We'd found a place we could call home, for now, until WICKED would find us.

I was torn apart and shredded into pieces after everything that I'd gone through. I'd tried to reconnect with the Gladers and tried to make new friends. Overall, it was working. Especially with Newt.

Newt had become my best friend in the entire world. We shared a relationship so strong I didn't even know what we were sometimes.

Sometimes he'd be my best friend. Sometimes he'd just be a friend. Sometimes it seemed like we were more than friends.

I wasn't sure how I felt, but I wasn't ready to start any new romantic relationship with anyone. Well, anyone except for Thomas. I didn't know how much I really loved him until I let him go. I needed him.

I needed him by my side at all times, even though I refused to show it. I wanted him back, but I didn't know how to do it. I didn't know how to ask for forgiveness for what I'd done.

Thomas was broken; Anyone could tell. The way he acted when Minho or Teresa was mentioned. The way he acted and looked in the mornings, with large bags from sleep he clearly needed and blood-shot eyes from crying every night. I knew I wasn't the only one who thought we needed each other.

Because we did. We needed each other to survive. Newt knew that, and he'd always brought up the fact that I needed to apologize to him.

But I couldn't gather up the courage to do it.

~*~

I was sitting on my bed in my room, enjoying a good book. It was Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, and I loved it. I'd already read the other two, and I quite enjoyed them.

Harry and Hermione had traveled back in time, and I was so consumed and intrigued by the book that I didn't hear a knock on my door until someone spoke, when I was snapped back into reality.

"Can I come in?"

It was Thomas. I wonder what he wants...

"Yes," I said.

Thomas walked through the door and closed it behind him. His hair was relatively clean and didn't look a mess. He wore a brown jacket with a gray shirt and jeans with boots, and he had a clean, shaven face.

As for me, I was wearing a baggy white T-shirt slumped off my shoulders and black skinny jeans. My H/C was brushed and put into a braid that Brenda did for me. She was a nice girl and we were good friends.

"Need something?" I asked.

"I need to talk to you," He said. He sounded serious.

I closed my book and placed it on my desk near the bed and swung my legs over the side, Thomas coming over and sitting next to me. He leaned forward and propped his elbows on his knees.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. My voice was shaking. I was afraid of what he was going to say. But I knew I couldn't escape the inevitable, so I let Thomas speak.

"Y/N, I don't want you to speak until I'm done talking, okay?"

I nodded.

Thomas sighed before continuing.

"Y/N, I need you to forgive me. Forgive me for kissing Brenda, forgive me for anything I've ever done in the past. Please. Give me another chance. I don't think I'll be able to move forward without you. I want you back, Y/N. No, I need you back. Please. Please, forgive me."

I didn't have any words to describe how I felt. The room was drowning in absolute silence, until I figured out a way to describe myself.

I leaned to my left and kissed Thomas's chapped lips.

Of course, he kissed me back. I hadn't felt that feeling in a long time, and I was glad I could feel it again. I rested my hands on his shoulders while his right hand was on my back, pulling me closer, and the other was cupping my face.

I pulled away for air and looked into Thomas's gleaming, chocolate eyes while he stared back into my E/C ones.

"Is that a yes?" He asked.

"What do you think, shuckface?"

He chuckled, a sound I'd missed hearing.

"I think it's a yes."

Then, he connected his lips with mine once again.

Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it