𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞

February 9thFriday

February 9th
Friday

A FEW WEEKS LATER, Phoenix was getting dressed to go out to her birthday dinner with family and friends. Jaidyn had made surprise plans for Phoenix for the next week, so Phoenix was just going to have a dinner tonight before they left.

Phoenix sported a perfectly ironed black Armani Exchange polo shirt, that had the letters "AX" stitched onto the upper right side of the shirt. She paired the shirt with a pair of black skinny jeans. To keep up the black attire she wore her new black Chanel low-top trainers.

Phoenix walked out of her room and into her bathroom to put in her diamond stud earrings to match her white diamond Cuban necklace, gifted from Genesis.

Feeling as if her outfit was up to par, she exited the bathroom, going right to her mom's to let her know she was ready to go.

"Ma," Phoenix called out and Genesis looked up from applying her FENTY 'Fiyaproof' liquid lipstick, to analyze her daughter's outfit.

"You look so beautiful, honey," Genesis stood up with a smile, rushing over to hug Phoenix. Phoenix chuckled, hugging her mother back.

"Thank you, momma," Phoenix gracefully accepted the compliment, showcasing her perfectly white teeth as she smiled widely. "You look pretty too, old lady," She added, having to throw in a joke as always.

Genesis rolled her eyes, pulling away from Phoenix to go back to her vanity to complete the finishing touches of her makeup.

Seeing that Genesis wasn't ready yet, Phoenix went over and grabbed her keys from off of the dresser.

"I'm goin' to the car," She announced, and Genesis nodded before Phoenix walked out of the room.

Phoenix went down the stairs and right out of the door, immediately feeling the brisk Chicago breeze hit the scalp of her oiled hair. Her locs were retwisted, in the style of two-strand twist, and her light brown highlights were freshly redyed.

Using the keys, she unlocked the car door and hopped into the passenger seat. Moments later, Genesis came strutting out of the house.

Her long ash brown hair was curled and styled in a side part. She had on a light face of makeup. Along with her lipstick, she had on mascara, making her hazel eyes pop. Her eyebrows were perfectly arched and waxed to perfection. She wore a black long-sleeved ankle-length dress and a pair of black stilettos.

Phoenix smiled as she watched her mother carefully get into the car so, as not to get her dress damaged nor to fall.

"Why you didn't start this damn car up Phoenix?" Genesis shivered, snatching the key from Phoenix and putting it into the ignition. Phoenix smacked her lips at her mother's fussing.

"Ma, chill," Phoenix dragged laughing. "Why would I waste yo' gas queen?" Phoenix questioned, making Genesis roll her eyes.

"Girl bye," Genesis waved her off, pulling off to begin the drive to their destination. "Are you excited to be turning the big one eight?" Genesis asked, doing a little shimmy in her seat.