𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

October 6thFriday

October 6th
Friday

Jaidyn, Myah, and Kyonni were sprawled across Jaidyn's living room watching the nightmare before Christmas. After school they decided they would have a sleepover at her house since the three of them haven't hung out alone in a while.

"Jaidyn! I'm home!" Jaidyn heard Monica— her mom call from the front as she locked the door behind her after entering the house. "Oh, hey my babies! What y'all doing?" Monica asked approaching the trio in the living room.

"Momma, you don't see this movie on the tv?" Jaidyn asked laughing before eating some more of her Flamin Doritos.

"Oh damn, well girl you know what I meant shit. Anyways Myah how's your dad? And KyKy how are your parents? I haven't seen Patrice in so long, I've got to stop by soon." Monica inquired shaking her head.

"Hey Ms.Monica, my daddy is fine. Just working and bothering me." Myah replied rolling her eyes and Monica laughed.

"Hi Ms.Monica! They good, they just got back from Bali Wednesday. You know they be traveling with out little ole me." Kyonni said with a dramatic sigh that they all laughed at afterwards.

"Well that's good to hear they're all good. Alright I'll leave you girls to it. Y'all bet not tear up my damn house and Kyonni stay yo' hungry tail out of my kitchen. Jai turn these lights off better y'all go to bed. Goodnight love you girls." After they said their "goodnights" and "love you too's" Jaidyn's mom went upstairs to her room leaving them to continue their night.

About an hour into the movie Kyonni thought it would be the perfect opportunity to ask a question both her and Myah had been dying to know. "So Jaidyn," she trailed off. In response Jaidyn looked over at her and let out a "hm" insinuating for her to continue. "What you and Phoenix been on?" She asked and Myah's head popped up from her phone also wanting to know Jaidyn's response.

"What you mean?" Jaidyn asked sinking down lower into the couch.

"Bitch, what y'all got goin' on? Don't try to play stupid!" Myah exclaimed with a laugh and Kyonni nodded in agreement.

"I mean we friends I guess. You can say I like her a little though, with her rude ass." Jaidyn shrugged. Truthfully Jaidyn liked Phoenix more than "a little". She'd been interested in her since the first week of school, but the amount of time they spend together and Phoenix mannerisms towards her made her like for her stronger over time. Jaidyn felt as if she could truly be herself with Phoenix and she loved that about her. However that didn't stop her from feeling as if she shouldn't tell her because of the way both of their previous relationships ended.