BEFORE YOU CONTINUE

This novella now has an expanded version, also available in my profile, Exequinne!

You are free to continue through this story, but I don't want to waste your time with this plot. The novel version is more fleshed out and holistic. I promise. xD

The Mayaware's reign has to end

In a world of demonic beings with a hunger for human flesh, and thirst for blood, Hesi Renen knows it well. When her siblings are taken to the harvesting farms, she must do everything she can to get them out, even if it means masquerading as a potential bride to the Mayaware prince.

As Hesi wades through a sea of blood and secrets, she must win over not only allies, but maybe even the demon prince, himself. With ties forged and heart burning with want, Hesi discovers how much she is willing to sacrifice to grasp the one thing she must destroy: the Mayaware king's throne.

The race to the top is at hand. There is a chance, but not without a price to pay.

Delve into the reimagined spin of the award-winning tale about the fight for freedom, the blood borne from betrayal and failure, and the fate of a kingdom built upon the ashes of the innocent. Victory spells freedom, but don't forget—death does too.

If there was something  that'd stay with Hesi until the day she died, it was the heat

If there was something that'd stay with Hesi until the day she died, it was the heat. Scorching, infernal heat. She clicked her tongue, wiping the side of her face with her exposed arm. Her skin glistened with sweat, particles of sand clinging to it like hungry leeches. No matter what she did, the sand wouldn't be falling away until after she had cooled off for the night.