Akya leaned against the wall and watched as he held the saber up straight, creating a line in front of his face that split it in half as he turned the saber on. The green light reflected off of his skin. He took a deep breath then swung at the air, his legs moving along symmetrically with his arms. He spun, then mirrored his first jab. The whir of the lightsaber as he swung was calming— it seemed to make him more focused.

Kei Lo then spun his saber and struck again at the air gracefully, his entire body moving as one, the saber an extension of his self. Akya smiled. The Togruta continued his routine, stepping in perfect, calculated circles and swinging the lightsaber as he went. Once he had finished, he brought his feet back together in the middle and held the saber just as he had when he was done. He bowed, then turned the saber off and brought it to the side of his body. Akya clapped, making him grin proudly.

"I did good?" he said, running over to her.

"You did beautifully, Kei," she said. "I think the masters would be impressed."

"You think so?" He was practically jumping up and down with excitement.  Akya was very proud to have someone like Kei Lo who looked up to her so much that he was in shock about her every approval— she really did think he was doing well for his age.

"Absolutely," she assured him.  He was beaming, which made her smile, too.  "At my test tomorrow, I'll let the Master know you're nearly ready for a lightsaber.  A real one."

"Like yours?" He put the training saber back up on the rack on the wall.

"Like mine."  She patted the spot on her belt where her lightsaber rested.

"Yippee!" Kei Lo ran out of the room, yelling back to his friend.  "Thank you, Akya!  I'm going to go tell Reeshi!"

Akya laughed to herself at his enthusiasm. "You do that," she said.  He waved, then closed the door to the sparring room behind him.  It was a silent, serene environment, without any sparring going on or any people inside the room.  The quietness echoed off the wall, creating a haven from the sound outside as everyone bustled to finish up their day.  The sky was darker now, revealed in the skylight high above Akya, but in the light pollution of Coruscant, she saw no stars, and the moons weren't expected to come up until later. 

Akya had to wake up earlier than usual for her test, so she decided she'd make her way toward her room and start resting now, so that perhaps she could have some time in the morning to practice. She thought that one of the sparring rooms might be the perfect place for that, since no one trained in them until later in the day, so the serenity of these wide rooms would be preserved. 

Akya walked back to her room at the end of the bedroom wing, and got ready for bed.  Though, she didn't end up getting much sleep because of the stress the looming test brought to her. After some short hours of rest, Akya woke up in the morning as the sun came through her windows. She stood up and got dressed, then rummaged through her drawers, looking for her favorite necklace— it had a small pendant on it in the shape of a sun and rays, coated in gold metal. She clipped it around her neck and looked in the mirror at it as it hung just under her collarbone. She then stuffed it under her robes.

Jedi weren't supposed to have possessions— this was the one rule that Akya broke. She enjoyed her little trinkets and the joy they brought to her, so what harm could they possibly cause? She hid them all in the drawers of the dresser in her room under her robes, and no one even bothered to look for something like that, something so small. But they meant a lot to her. Akya had owned these little trinkets since she was young, before the Jedi took her in. She'd had nothing, and known no one. Akya believed her trinkets were special, that they brought luck, fate's favor— call it what you want— she was convinced they brought good fortune along with them. Jedi didn't really believe in luck— anything that happens only happens because the Force willed it so. But Akya liked to think that there were other ways to catch fortune's fancy.