Chapter 69 - The Use In Trying (Narrator)

Darkness. All he could see was darkness. He was cold. It was cold. All around him was cold. He couldn't breathe. There was water in his lungs. He needed air.

He felt himself getting pulled to the surface. "No! Don't you dare die on me!" Viperion yelled. He pushed into Chat Noir's chest, performing CPR.

He wanted to open his eyes. But he was just so tired. He couldn't give up. He loved Viperion too much to leave him behind. So he fought for his life, he fought for air and sprang up, coughing out all the water that had seeped into his lungs.

He was breathing in fresh air. He was alive. "Oh my God.." Viperion hugged him tightly. Then he pulled away and kissed him like his life depended on it.

Chat Noir kissed back in the same kind of manner. They pulled away and looked into eachothers eyes. "Never do something like that again..." Viperion murmured.

"I won't... I just thought... He was..." Chat Noir had seen the Supervillain moments before the canon went off. He was convinced it was Luka. He froze up, unable to move.

"Who? Who do you think he was?" Viperion urged him to continue. "Luka..." He whispered weakly. Viperion just stared at him.

That was impossible. He was Luka. But Chat Noir didn't know that. "Is he gone?" Chat Noir asked. Viperion looked at him. "I don't know. I think the others defeated him while I was saving you," Viperion told him.

"Oh.." Chat Noir's eyes looked at the ground. "I should..." He tried to get up but struggled, Viperion caught him before he fell. "I should get home..." He finished the sentence he started.

"How? You're in no condition to travel that far on your own." Viperion said. Chat Noir just looked at him and gave a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine, love." He kissed him again and stood up on his own.

"I can see you later tonight if you want. What time?" Chat Noir asked. "Enough time for you to rest a lot. Tomorrow is Saturday... So how about around eight? Or seven. You decide." Chat Noir smiled at him. "Seven is perfectly fine. I'll meet you... Where?" Viperion smiled and whispered a location in his ear.

"Sounds good to me." Chat Noir said. They kissed once again before parting ways.

*_*-~

Adrien bit his nails. Juleka wanted him to watch Cinderella with Luka over and over again. He was nervous. He didn't know what will happen.

He was going to be in a room with Luka alone. At least that's what he expects. Juleka would surely leave them alone together without warning.

"This is the second time we've watched this movie. How many more times do we need to watch it?" Adrien complained. Juleka looked at him. "Until you get being Cinderella and Prince Charming down perfectly." She turned to Luka. "Do you have any objections?" He shook his head. "Good. Now pay attention. You're going to have to watch this at least ten times. Seventh time say the lines with them and the eighth time, try acting the characters out and saying the lines at the same time too, for practice. It'll be easier to be the characters if you do that." Juleka explained.

Adrien and Luka looked at eachother and both let out a sigh. "Fine." Adrien muttered. Luka just nodded along. "You guys just keep watching. We'll be in the next room." Juleka said before she began to leave. Adrien's suspicions were correct. She was leaving them alone.

Adrien's eyes widened. "Wait a minute-" But she shut the door before he could finish his sentence. Adrien turned to Luka, he didn't even notice he was sweating.

"Uhm..." Adrien didn't know what to say to him. Luka didn't speak either. They were now stuck in a painfully silent awkward situation.

Adrien just turned back to watching the movie. Luka did the same.