Chapter 62 - Symphony (Marinette/Ladybug)

Start from the beginning

"Was his name Anthony Chambers...?" Mason frowned. "I knew he was hiding something! Were you dating him at the same time?" Miles gulped. "Ever since eighth grade... I dumped him when I got to Sophomore year." He seemed nervous.

"He told me he was single. That little... Have you seen him since then?" I could see Chloe and Miles exchange a look. "A few months ago." Miles answered.

Mason paled. "I made sure to dump him as soon as possible because of his attitude... I had no idea he was manipulating someone else." Miles sighed.

"Neither did I." They sat down together. I looked at Chloe, then at Maddie. "I met Anthony. He was horrible." Chloe said. Maddie nodded. "I hated him the moment I saw him. He hurt my brother and that was not okay." It looked like Chloe and Maddie were going to be really good friends.

After a few minutes of silence, Mason stood up. "We should get our revenge on him." He said. Miles looked up at him. "Yeah," He agreed and stood up too.

"He works at the beer store." Mason said. "He has a job?" Miles asked. "I started dating him in Sophomore year. So we both dated him at the same time for most likely only a few months. He was long gone by the time I was a Senior. I left immediately after it started and we transferred here. But it works a little differently here with years and stuff." I stared at him.

"You had to deal with him for three years?" Miles looked horrified. "Sure did." Mason said bitterly. "Only two years for you, huh?" Miles looked at the ground. "Yeah..."

I felt bold and confident and took Mason's hand. "Let's go teach that piece of shit a lesson." I snarled. Chloe nodded. "He didn't learn his lesson last time. Let's go." She took Miles' hand in hers.

We set off to hunt Anthony Chambers down.

*_*-~

We tried not to make such a dramatic scene by kicking the door down. But both Mason and Miles charged into the store. Anthony was re-stalking beer.

Mason tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. Miles spoke first. "Funny to see both of us here, isn't it?" He growled.

When I looked at Anthony, there was something off about him. "Let's take this to the alleyway." Mason snapped and grabbed the hem of his shirt. "W-wait! My shift isn't over yet!" He tried to protest, but they didn't listen to him and dragged him out into an alleyway.

"Listen up you little bastard, you manipulated not only me, but Miles too." His eyes widened and he shut his eyes and turn his head.

That's when I saw it, or more like Chloe saw it. "Mari," She whispered to me, "That's not Anthony. This guy doesn't have a scar on his right cheek. Anthony does." I looked back at the cowering kid. Yes he's our age but still.

He had no scar on his cheek. I quickly went to Mason. "Look at his face, there's no scar." Mason's angry face softened and he took a good look at him. "You're not Anthony, are you?" He shook his head.

"My name is Austin.... I'm Anthony's twin brother... But I promise I'm nothing like him! He forces me to take his shifts because I look so much like him. We're identical twins so who would know the difference? Only people who know about the scar on his right cheek." Austin explained.

Mason and Miles paled. "Oh... Uh... Sorry about that... We didn't stop to think about that... Anthony would have fought back..." Miles apologized. "Don't worry about it. Lots of people get us mixed up and get mad at me because they think I'm Anthony. But they realize after. I swear one day he's going to make a scar on my cheek so no one can ever tell us apart again. He's already tried. But it ended up on the wrong side," He tilted his head to show us his left cheek.