Farewell, My Love.

unsent confessions of a broken-hearted writer.

| letter 001

I will let my heart sink into the myriad of brokenness. Thankful for it perhaps, that you ended it before I was broken in half. I was shattered into pieces when you said you needed space. But I knew I would be split into more damaged pieces if I insisted you to stay here beside me.

It's hard to forgive you. Even more than hard to forgive myself for all the things that I deprived myself of the time when I should've left you. But I didn't because I love you so.

My love for you is unconditional if only you see it from my perspective. I don't want anything else but your arms that I would rest with. I need you and I want to scream it in front of you and tell you how much I need you here. But it makes no sense at all.

It broke me to see you go. My world stopped and everything was in slow motion. I wanted to do something to change your mind. To pull you closer and hold your hand. To look at you and whisper the magic words that make you wobble and love me again.

But it makes no sense at all. Because you're gone and it still hurts me to the core to watch you go and take the steps away from me. I wanted to scream the word No.. I wanted to do anything just for you to come back to me.

But Love should never be forced. It should be willing to set someone free. I am willing to see you happy when the time comes that you're healed enough to see me and look at me. Til the next time.