Unang sumugod ng mabilisan si Kalen surprising Noah in the process, he steps backward trying to counter the punishing strength of the prince ng muntik na siyang mawalan ng balanse. He was able to support his weight using his left arm, but Kalen saw this as an opportunity to strike again. He was holding in as he felt each vibration of the metal blade colliding with each other. His hands started to feel numb, but Kalen was relentlessly pounding him non-stop. Noah was on the verge of dropping the sword from the constant assault when he saw an opportunity to kick Kalen on his legs making him stumble abruptly on the ground. Noah readily put some distance between them as he eased the throb on his hands.

He heard the loud booing from the soldiers, but he blocked all the noises trying to concentrate on his opponent up front.

"You can give up now Noah..." Kalen mockingly uttered.

Noah's lips quivered in annoyance but they didn't reply to Kalen's taunting.

"You can't win" saad nitong walang halong emosyon. Just stating some facts.

Noah initiated the attack this time around and as expected Kalen blocked it with ease. He tried to find any openings that could land a hit, but Kalen is just way faster than his offense is useless.

He was yet again forced to back down and catch his breath after receiving all of Kalen's assault. Noah was breathing heavier, he was sweating and panting that he now swallowed dry saliva. When everything seemed futile, out of nowhere he heard it. Amidst the bustling crowd, he heard her screaming voice.

"Noah! Don't give up! I trust you and I believe you can win this!" Lilian shouted.

Napalingon si Noah ng mabilisan at patakbong lumapit kay Lilian at walang pasabing niyakap niya ito ng mahigpit.

Lilian then heard his words. "I'm sorry" at hinalikan siya nito sa pisngi.

It ended quickly but enough to permanently tinge her cheek red. Lilian was caught off guard, the hug and kiss were not part of the plan.

Noah went back to face Kalen once again showing like he acquired some newly found strength after their display. He saw the jealousy injected into his opponents' eyes and how it made Kalen reckless. Without a word Kalen moved forward and raised his blade at Noah, he was moving much more aggressively this time. He swung his blade to the right side and Noah breathed a quick air when he caught it, he could only imagine how painful it would be if his slashing penetrated his flesh, but Kalen did not stop. Muli nitong itinaas ang kanyang espada wanting to end this fight when he heard Lilian scream again.

"Noah!"

Hindi maitago ang pag-aalala sa bosses nito and that made Kalen momentarily hesitate, he stared at her wondering why he was rooting for his opponent and not him when all of a sudden a sharp blade was pointing at Kalen's neck while Noah could hardly stand with his two feet.

Kalen lost. His eyes went wide at the realization.

Silence lingered for a while when suddenly Roma intervened and acknowledged the result of the fight. Kalen was unsure how to feel about it.

"I will never be able to win against your strength, but I can stir emotion within you waiting for an opening to get you distracted" Noah managed to say.

Kalen tried to process his words and when it finally dawned on him, he burst out laughing. "Clever, evil but clever" he shakes Noah's hands and when the final ounce of Noah's strength is consumed, he stumbles on the ground exhausted.

******************

"Tell me about this witch Galinda" Noah curiously asked as they trailed the dark forest ahead. The preparation for their journey was set not long after Kalen lost in their public fight. They didn't delay the journey since Kalen needed to return quickly to aid his brother in preparing for the attack, they planned to launch against Lavitica.