Chapter 16 - Open Invitation

Începe de la început

"Thanks," I laughed at Fay, "but where are we going? You promised to answer my questions when you got here."

"Relax Sammy, we're just going to a party. It's a small one, a friend of Bryan's is hosting it and I thought you could use a little fun tonight," she replied, pulling out a tube of lipstick and applying it.

I looked down at my outfit, hoping I was dressed for the occasion. I'd worn a flowy blue top over a black skirt and paired it with my favorite black leather jacket and a pair of gold gladiator sandals. My makeup and hair were pretty simple, but decent enough.

I opened my purse and quickly swiped on a bit of extra lip gloss and checked my hair in the pocket mirror.

"Are you sure it's a good idea Fay? I mean, my reputation hasn't been that great lately," I asked her.

"That's why I want you to go out. Have fun and act like nothing happened. If you don't, people will feed off of this for days, maybe weeks. You need to show everyone you're over it so they can move on too. Besides, this was Bryan's idea and I thought it was great!" She replied, snuggling into Bryan's side. He slipped a hand into hers and I felt a pang of envy.

"Yeah sorry to hijack you like this Sammy, but what Carter did to you was horrible. I thought the least I could do was help a friend out," he said to me.

"Thanks Bryan, really, but I don't know about this," I murmured, feeling the knot in my stomach tighten as we approached a mansion sized house. Music was thumping loudly and people were walking inside in hordes.

"Please Sammy, loosen up tonight. You deserve it okay? Forget that asshole Carter and have a little fun," Fay said to me as she stepped out of the car.

I followed suit and got out, feeling my already tightened stomach start doing summersaults as we got closer to the front door of the place. I told myself to relax, to have a little fun, and stepped inside.

The inside was a complete mess. Girls and guys lined the hallways, making out, talking, and flirting. There were beer cans and solo cups littering the place. The smell of alcohol was strong, and the air was sticky with hot humidity.

"I'm gonna go get us some drinks! You guys wait here!" Bryan shouted over the music, and left us by the stairs.

"I don't know if this was such a good idea," I yell into Fay's ear, looking around nervously. Was this my first ever party? No. Was this my first ever party after public humiliation? Yes.

I was afraid of being around all these people after what they saw between Carter and I. Even worse was the chance of bumping into Carter himself. He was obviously going to be here, and the thought of accidentally seeing him made my palms sweat.

"Sam, come on, have a little fun! You need to get your mind off of that douchebag anyway," she chuckled, grabbing my hand.

"Wow Fay, you've changed," I smirked, laughing slightly, "where did my best friend go?"

She gave me a sheepish grin and glanced over at Bryan who was pushing his way through a crowd with 3 solo cups in his hands.

"I don't know Sammy. He's...he's amazing. I've always wanted to let loose a bit. You know, not be such a 'stick up my ass' kinda girl? He's really helped me get out of my shell," she answered, giving me a coy smile.

"Which is exactly what I want for you! Please Sammy, god knows you deserve it after the hell week you've been through!" Fay frowned, lightly bumping me on the shoulder with her own.

Before I could answer, Bryan finally reached us and handed us our drinks. I sipped mine cautiously and surveyed the room once again. We'd inched our way closer to the large living room where everyone was dancing and drinking. So far, no sign of Carter, which made me breathe a sigh of relief.

"We're gonna go dance! Wanna come with?" Fay shouted over the music, pointing towards the crowd.

"Nah, I'll stay here for a bit. Maybe later," I answered quickly. I was not about to be a third wheel. Plus, it was more dry humping than anything, and I was not about to do so on some random guy.

She pouted at me but I just waved her off, pushing her towards Bryan. She finally relented and I watched her take Bryan's hand and weave through the crowd to the makeshift dance floor.

"Hey," a voice whispered in my ear. I looked to my left to see the origin of the voice.

A raven haired guy with beautiful blue eyes stared down at me, his lopsided grin showcasing perfect teeth.

"Hi," I squeaked out, surprised that such an attractive guy was talking to me.

"What's your name?" he whispered, his lips just barely grazing my ear.

"Sammy," I answered, feeling more and more nervous as he stood right in front of me, placing one hand on the wall behind the left side of my face.

"Sammy, I like it. I'm Connor," his silky voice hummed out.

I felt like a thousand butterflies had erupted in my stomach and were fighting their way through. His 100 watt smile had me plastered to the wall, with a dorky grin on my face as I tried to stutter out a response.

"Thanks," I replied, giving him what I hoped to be a sexy smile but probably looked more like a grimace than anything.

"Wanna dance?" He questioned, raising the right corner of his grin up. I wanted to melt into a puddle right there. Me dance with him?

"S-sure," I managed to stutter out. My face felt hot when he held out a hand for me and moved us further down the wall, towards the group of dancers.

Giving me that winning smile again, he flipped our positions so that I was facing him and he leaned against the wall. His large hands rested on my hips, and I placed mine on his firm chest. My fingers could feel the indents of his pecs and abs through the thin material of his shirt.

We swayed back and forth, as the loud thumping of the music made us grind our bodies together. I couldn't believe that I, Sammy, was grinding with this handsome stranger before me. It felt exhilarating, knowing that for once, I was wanted by someone who didn't make it an objective to make my life hell.

I pushed closer to Connor, loving the toned chest beneath my fingers. I moved a hand up to his neck, wrapping it around the back of it and stared into his azure eyes, giving him a small smirk.

I don't know where this courage came from, but I was done letting my troubles ruin everything for me. I swayed to the music, feeling the bass vibrate through my body. Connor seemed to like this free spirited version of me, as he laid his soft, pink lips on my neck, kissing up to my jaw. I just grinded more into him, loving how his lips felt on my neck.

For once in my life, I was glad that Fay intervened. She was right. After the week I'd had, I deserved this more than anything, and I wasn't going to let Carter ruin that.

                       -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think about new guy here? Forget that, actually, but props to Sammy for letting loose and having fun! She definitely needs it!

As for the guy, I'll let you in on a little secret.... someone isn't gonna be too happy about this. Stay tuned for the next chapter to see how this all plays out!

Comment what you guys think, vote, and follow <3

-soccerluv4