Prologue

This was the weirdest day ever.

I woke up and went to school, then came home and worked on my homework. After my friends and I went over to our favorite hangout, Mako Island, and we traveled along the island and I fell into to our hangout.

I stood up and walked around and found my friends coming down the hole as well, and we all walked up the stairs into the moon pool area. We all walked along the sand and I could hear the grains of the sand crunching and crumpling underneath my shoes. I knelt down by the water and watched what happened as the moon rose over the water. My necklace went flying and I jumped in to go and get it, but it was too late. My boyfriend already jumped into the pool to grab my necklace.

He transformed into his merman self. Blue tail with shimmering scales. Once he got my necklace he was unable to get out. It was as if he was stuck to the water and he could not get out. My friends jumped into the water with their tails popping into exsistance everywhere and tried to get him out. They even tried to use their powers, but he was truly stuck. So I spoke a spell.

"We seem to be in some trouble, so get my boyfriend out of the stubble!", I said.

Nothing happened.

"Michelle it is not going to work", said my friend Sarah.

"Shut up Sarah, it will work", I responded to her comment that I found quite rude.

"HELP ME!!!", said my boyfriend whom was still stuck in the water.

I spoke the spell again.

"WE SEEM TO BE IN SOME TROUBLE SO GET MY BOYFRIEND OUT OF THIS STUBBLE", I repeated in a louder tone.

I immediately fell to the ground.

I heard something get out of the water and slide up to the sand.

I heard voices around me trying to speak to me, but I could not make what they were trying to say.

I felt my boyfriend's lips touch mine and I was trying to kiss back because I loved him so much, but I was unable to do it.

Then everything went black.

The last thing I remember was someone asking if they could take my locket off of my neck.