𝐗𝐕

paisley tossed and turned in her sleep. she was having another nightmare. she was running late for school and stumbled out of the house into dark, cold woods. something began speaking to her in dark guttural voice. it sounded inhuman. it told her things, awful things.

she ran.

she ran through the woods, tripping on sticks and her own two feet while the 8 foot dark figure with a red face and horns chased her relentlessly until she fell again. it placed its dark ashy hoof on her stomach and-

she sat up breathing heavy, soaked in sweat and tears. "no no no no, please no dont do this to me" she sobbed as she scrambled to make herself smaller.

she could still hear its whispers in her ears, eli, owen, grandpa and grandma. say bye bye

"NO" her eyes widened as she sobbed harder. "owen," she whispered through her tears before reaching for the phone and quickly dialing his number.

"huh?" he sleeply grumbled from the line.

"its me, please its gonna kill you owen," she cried.

"love, what do you mean its gonna kill me?"

paisleys breath quickened and she let out a gut-wrenching sob. "it told me it was gonna kill you a-and-and eli and-"

"hey, ssshhh, take a deep breath for me okay? just breath babe. are you at home?"

she whispered a quiet 'yea' as that was all she could manage.

"okay, ill be there in a few minutes just try to keep breathing okay?"

"no dont d-drive all-"

"no, i need to make sure your okay lee, your obviously not okay, ill be there in a few. keep breathing for me okay?"

the line went dead after that.

paisley quickly flicked the lamp on and latched onto her pillow to muffle her cries. she tried to keep taking deep breaths like owen had said.

about 15 minutes of deep breathing later, paisley heard a car pull in so she wrapped her dark green knit blanket around herself and walked downstair and out the front door. owen was already jogging up the steps, immediately embracing the girl.

he felt her breathing spasm as she sniffled and a choked sob left her pretty lips. he walked them to the swing and sat her down next to him. she had tears streaking her cheeks. some were dry, some moist and some were hot fresh tears. he watched as they fell before gently grasping her cheeks to wipe them away with his thumbs.

he pulled her closer to kiss her forehead before letting go reluctantly. "what happened"

she sniffled once and took a deep breath before beginning. "i dreamed that this thing was chasing me and it said that if it caught me, it would possess me and make me watch as it- as it-"

"sshh, its okay sunshine, im right here," he hugged her again. "im not going anywhere,"

"it said it would kill you, eli, grandma and grandpa," she whispered before swallowing a sob once more.

he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to him before whispering against her temple, "oh babe, its okay. i promise alright? none of us are going anywhere, it was just a dream okay?" he kissed her temple and ran his fingers through her hair.

she nodded, "but it felt so real,"

"i know, its the bad thing about nightmares but we gotta think about all the good dreams we have too. can you tell me about a good dream you had?"

"well i remember the other day, i write my dreams down, i remember being married, we had a kid and we were all working on a flower garden," she smiled, looking up at him from her hands.

owen smiled. "that sounds nice. do you remember anything about your kid"

paisley nodded, "yea her name was florence,"

"what about your husband?"

now paisley didnt know what to do. she had her legs over his lap, their noses almost touching as their breath mingled together. they were both begging for it.

she looked down, licking her lips and then back up to him. he analyzed her features, the darkened wet eyelashes, pink cheeks and nose and down to those pretty cupids bow lips.

now what was a man to do?

paisley swallowed hard as owen leaned forward, rubbing his nose to her own. he grabbed her cheeks gently and pressed his lips to hers.

her hands found purchase in his hair while his remained on her cheek, the other sliding down her neck.

her fingertips traced his jaw as it sloped with his lips moving against hers. he kissed her slowly and gently as paisley was merely trying to keep up with the rate her brain was going.

owen pulled away with a breath, dropping his arms to her waist and pressing his head to her chest.

'fuck' he groaned before letting out a breathy chuckle.

paisley continued to run her fingers through his hair while trying to catch her breath.

owen finally sat back up to reach her eyes. "i fucked everything up. didnt i?" his eyes began to brim with tears.

"no," paisley quickly whispered, reaching back up to run her thumbs against the underside of his eyes. "no you didnt fuck anything up, i promise,"

"no i did." he stood up, now beginning to pace. "i kissed you lee, i fucking kissed you. i wasnt supposed to kiss you. you probably dont even like me like that," he continued to rant.

paisley stood up, attempting to talk to him but he just kept going. she leaned against a pillar on the porch.

"and i was supposed to be your friend and now ive gone and-"

"hey,"

"fucked it up and," he was now standing in front of her talking to her, "now its just gonna be awkward and-"

she grabbed the collar of his shirt and kissed him. he breathed a sigh into her mouth before opening his and kissing her back, this time with more passion and need than anything. one hand caged her in against the piller before falling to cup her head while the other wrapped around her back. he tilted his head to finish the kiss before pulling away.

paisley looked up at him before reaching up to kiss him again and pull him back into her. owens lips slid down her lips before he pulled away only to stand up straight and kiss her again. paisley grasped the back of his shirt as she slid her tongue along his bottom lip.

owen pulled away and whispered against her lips, "if we keep doing this im gonna do a lot more than just kiss you on this porch,"

paisley laughed, leaning her head back against the pillar. owens hands intertwined with hers, pressing them against the piller on either side of her head.

"promise me something lee," owen whispered.

"what,"

"promise me that we dont go back to just friends," he pleaded. "i dont know if i could ever do that now that ive tasted your lips,"

"i promise," she whispered before kissing him again.

A/N💌

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I couldnt wait much longer for paisley and owen. PLEASE let me know what you guys think. is it too early?

ALSO THANK YALL FOR 20K WTF😭😭😭🤭

also i cant express to yall how sorry i am for taking such a long break AGAIN please take this chapter as a peace offering😭

XX